The COYER Big Summer Birthday Bash has started!
COYER stands for “Clean Out Your E-Reader,” but for a while now, the summer COYER event has allowed print and audiobooks in addition to ebooks. The challenge is sponsored by Michelle and Berls of Because Reading Is Better Than Real Life. This summer’s challenge has a lot of optional twists and side challenges, but here are the basics as they appear on the sign-up post:
Let’s start with the basic rules as always, and then we’ll get to the fun Birthday Goodies!
- The challenge begins June 9th at 12am EST and ends August 31st at 11:59pm EST. The review linky and giveaway widgets will remain open until September 1st, 11:59 PM EST.
- You must create a sign-up post anytime between now and July 9th on blog, Goodreads, Facebook, Google+, etc indicating your clean up goal (see below for details). Link your sign-up to the linky below.
- It’s Summer and you know what that means! Anything you read goes! It can be any format, any price, obtained from any LEGAL location. Library? Yep! Borrowed? Yep! KU? Yep? $500? Yep (but are you crazy?)!
- Link your reviews to the linky that will be provided on the Kick-off Post.
- There will be two grand prize winners – $10 gift card – one for the linky review list and one for Birthday Bash Goodies.
Those are the basics, and if that’s all you do, you’ll be fine! But you know Michelle and Berls, they have to throw in more fun than that! See the COYER sign-up post for all the Birthday Bash Goodies!
Goody #1: I’m aiming for the Spring Clean level: 11–20 books. That’s read and reviewed, not just read!
Goody #7: I’m downloading the Bingo boards and we’ll see how it goes. But it’s not my primary focus.
The rest of the goodies: I’m going to play these by ear, but by and large, the more complex and time-consuming the challenge is, the less likely I am to complete it. I’d rather just focus on reading, reviewing, and linking my reviews. Given how dilatory I’ve been about writing reviews lately, I’l be happy if I just manage that much!
You can track my progress on my 2018 Challenges page.