I’m 31 books ahead of schedule!
The Backlist Reader Challenge
The Backlist Reader Challenge 2017
Host: The Bookwyrms Hoard
Progress: 7/24 (29%)
- Spin to Knit: The Knitter's Guide to Making Yarn by Shannon Okey
- Rock Point by Carla Neggers
- Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts
- Tears of the Moon by Nora Roberts
- Made in America by Bill Bryson
- Falling Awake by Jayne Ann Krentz
- Hidden Talents by Jayne Ann Krentz
The Backlist Reader Challenge runs all year (and is hosted here on The Bookwyrm’s Hoard.) It’s a chance to focus on those older titles you’ve been wanting to read. You can check out all the rules by clicking here.
I’ve read 19 books so far this year that qualify for The Backlist Reader Challenge, but I didn’t read any in May. (Only reviewed books show up in the progress bar and are listed above. You can see my as-yet-unreviewed books here.)
Clean Sweep ARC Challenge 2017
Host: The Caffeinated Book Reviewer
Progress: 4/8 (50%)
1 May, 2017 — 31 May, 2017
- Hospitality and Homicide by Lynn Cahoon
- The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis
- The Girl Who Knew Too Much by Amanda Quick
- Escape to You by Jennifer Ryan
The Clean Sweep ARC Challenge
The Clean Sweep ARC Challenge 2017 ran from May 1 to May 31, 2017. My goal was to read 8 ARCs/review copies. I blew it; I only read 4 (I’m partway through a fifth book, but that doesn’t count.) Two reviewed books show up in the progress bar and are listed above; below are the titles whose reviews haven’t posted yet.
- Escape To You by Jennifer Ryan (Montana Heat #1) – Goodreads mini-review. Full review will post in August 2017.
- The Girl Who Knew Too Much by Amanda Quick – Goodreads mini-review. Full review will post soon.
I’m well ahead of schedule for my Goodreads Reading Challenge, thanks to rereading a ton of previously-read books this spring. (Thanks, mono. I’d rather have had more energy to read new-to-me books, but oh, well.) I’m still ahead of schedule on The Backlist Reader Challenge, but I need to get a lot of reviews written–and I need to get back to reading backlist books. I didn’t do well on the Clean Sweep ARC Challenge, but at least I got four ARCs read and their reviews written and scheduled.
I’m still debating whether to participate in the summer COYER challenge. I think I need to take a break from challenges for a while. Still, it’s pretty flexible this time around, so I may join in anyway.