I’ve seen Bloggiesta and Mini-Bloggiesta around, but this is the first time I’ve participated. In case you’re wondering what Bloggiesta is:
In short, Bloggiesta is a blogging marathon revolving around ticking off those items on your to-do list and improving your blog while in the good company of other awesome bloggers doing the same thing. Our awesome mascot Pedro (Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize) is ready to break out the nachos, enchiladas, drinks, mariachi music and whack a pinata or two! It’s nothing short of an awesome fiesta!
And here’s what I hope to accomplish:
- Clear off my desk so I can hook my computer back up to my external screen and ergonomic keyboard. (Computer hooked up; desk is still a mess.)
Update About Me page and profile picture.(Done!)
- Clean up sidebar. Figure out how to move “favorites” icons to “About Me” page, or scrap them entirely.
- Contact Goodreads to see why UBB plugin not accepted by them; try to resolve the problem (if they get back to me in time.) (Contact initiated Friday; waiting for reply as of Monday night. I’m not impressed.)
- Crosspost at least 8 reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. (One done!)
Send bookwyrm photos to E.P. to sketch (for personalized header and avatar/icon.)(Photos sent to two different young artists I know. We’ll see what they come up with!)
- Write & schedule 3 reviews. (2 done, 2 more started but not yet finished.)
- Finish converting categories to tags. (started)
- Brainstorm non-review post ideas – discussions, focus on illustrators, etc.
I’m starting a little early because I am able to take today off, and since Mr. Bookwyrm will be off on Monday, we may decide to do something together that day. And besides, I’m excited to get some of this stuff taken care of, so why wait?
[updated 1/19/15, 10:00 pm] I also started exploring statistics plugins, which isn’t on the list but is something I need.
Click here for my wrap-up post.