Top of the Hoard is my personal challenge for 2015.
I decided to chose 20 books that have been on my TBR list for a year or more, and commit to reading them in 2015. This is the “must-read-in-2015 list” I’ve mentioned in a few previous posts. My choices were pretty arbitrary: some are books I heard about through other bloggers’ reviews, some were recommended by friends, some are continuations of series I love, and one is written by a friend (so I really should have read it by now!) Several I own already, but most I’ll need to borrow or buy. But one way or another, I’m going to get these read this year!
(List updated as of 12/18/15)
- Deborah Crombie – Kincaid & James mysteries #9, #10, and #11
- Charles Finch – Charles Lenox mysteries #1 through #6 (Reviews: A Beautiful Blue Death – #1; The September Society – #2; The Fleet Street Murders – #3)
- Neil Gaiman – The Ocean at the End of the Lane
- Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – These Broken Stars
- Susanna Kearsley – The Winter Sea
- Robin LaFevers – Grave Mercy
- Erin Morgenstern – The Night Circus (read)
- Diana Peterfreund – For Darkness Shows the Stars
- Sharon Shinn – Summers at Castle Auburn (read)
- Megan Whalen Turner – The Thief (and the other books in the series)
- Catherynne Valente – The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland
- V. V. Wedding – An Uncivilized Yankee (read)
- Gabrielle Zevin – The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
I’ve gathered them together on Goodreads, which is probably the easiest way to check them out if there are any you don’t recognize. As you can see, the list is a mixed bag in terms of genres and even age range, but it’s heavy on the fantasy and mystery, both of which I seem to be hungering for these days.
There are, of course, plenty of other books that could have gone on this Top of the Hoard list, but my hope is that by publicly committing to these 20, I’ll get them read. I hope to get to others on my overall TBR list as well, of course!