“It was a quiet week in Lake Woebegone, my home town. . . ” Oh, wait. That’s someone else.
Well, it was a quiet week in my town, too. We had a lovely but quiet Thanksgiving, just me and Mr. Bookwyrm. We cooked a full Thanksgiving feast (we’ll be eating the leftovers for almost a week!) but stayed very laid back about it since we didn’t have a set time to eat. We ended up sitting down to dinner around six p.m. – a nice, restful day. And we ended with two wonderful, long phone conversations with my husband’s siblings’ families; it was great to catch up with them.
Beyond Thanksgiving, most of my time was spent working, reading, blogging, knitting, and doing some of the Christmas shopping – mostly online. I had a really good voice lesson yesterday – one more thing to give thanks for! And another quiet, restful day with Mr. Bookwyrm today – we slept in a little, puttered around the house on various projects, and went for a walk. As we were starting out, we saw a bald eagle at the lake across the street! Of course, I had to run home for the good camera so I could take his picture.
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon., 11/24/14: The Heart of Christmas, by Brenda Novak (review)
- Tues., 11/25/14: Top 10 Books on My Winter 2014 TBR List (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed., 11/26/14: If You’ve Got It, Haunt It, by Rose Pressey (review)
- Fri., 11/28/14: Holiday Traditions: The Advent Calendar
- Sat., 11/29/14: News & Notes – 11/29/14
This Week On the Blog
- Mon., 12/01/14: Jan Brett’s Christmas Books (tentative)
- Tues., 12/02/14: (taking a week off Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed., 12/03/14: The Christmas Ranch, by RaeAnne Thayne (review)
- Fri., 12/05/14: Once Upon a Marigold, by Jean Ferris (review)
- rest of week TBD
New Additions to the Hoard
Nothing this week – which is good; I’ve got a lot of catching up to do!
Purchased or Free for My Kindle