The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Mr. Bookwyrm got home Friday night after almost a week away – huzzah! The house was very lonely and quiet with no one in it but me and the cats… although Tasha did go on the occasional meowing jag for no apparent reason. I wish I knew what she was trying to tell me when she does that.
Yesterday afternoon a writer friend and I went to an author talk featuring Susanna Kearsley, Deanna Raybourn, and Joanna Bourne. It was great fun; I’ll try to post about it later this week.
The last two weeks on the blog:
- Mon. 1/13: Ebooks vs. Print Books, Revisited
- Wed. 1/15: A Dark and Stormy Knit, by Anne Canadeo (review)
- Fri. 1/17: A Year of Re-reading 2014 Challenge (goals post)
- Fri. 1/17: Wrede on Writing, by Patricia Wrede (review)
- Sat. 1/18: News & Notes – 1/18/14: Simon & Schuster’s new imprint and library ebook program; NBCC awards finalists; National Book Festival venue changing in 2014; ebooks vs. print books survey; Cosmos returns; Patrick Rothfuss publishing news (no, sorry, still no date for Doors of Stone); a terrific list of women SFF writers; and a Sherlock musical parody that’s a must-see.
The coming week:
- Mon. 1/20: Killing Cupid, by Laura Levine (review)
- Tues. 1/21: Top Ten Things on My Reading Wish List (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Thur. 1/23: The Peculiar Case of Lord Finsbury’s Diamonds, by Stephanie Laurens (review)
- Fri. 1/24: Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy, by Karen Foxlee (review)
- Sat. 1/25: News & Notes – 1/25/14
New additions to the hoard:
(Click links for Goodreads page.)
From the library:
Purchased in print: