The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures — I mean books!
We spent the week with Robin in Arizona. Both she and I had some work to finish: final evaluations and a few essays for Robin, and the index for me. I turned in the proofread version Monday, but had a few author-requested tweaks to make mid-week. (That’s not unusual.) We saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them; we went to Robin’s dance concert; we visited a meadery and sampled their meads (which were delicious); and Robin taught me to spin on her housemate’s spinning wheel. Look: my very first hand-spun yarn! It looks blue in the photo, but it’s actually a soft turquoise. I’m now hooked on spinning, and dreaming of owning my wheel someday.
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 12/05/16: My Goals for The Backlist Reader Challenge
- Mon. 12/05/16: OMG! Lin-Manuel Miranda & Patrick Rothfuss team up on Kingkiller Chronicle adaptation
- Tues. 12/06/16: Top Ten New-to-Me Authors of 2016
- Fri. 12/09/16: Someone to Love (Mary Balogh) – review
- Sat. 12/10/16: News & Notes – 12/10/16
- Sun. 12/11/16: Sunday Post – 12/11/16 – this post
Upcoming on the Blog
- Mon. 12/12/16: When All the Girls Have Gone (Krentz) – review
- Tues. 12/13/16: Ten Books I’m Anticipating in Jan-June 2017
- Thur. 12/15/15: Wild at Whiskey Creek (Julie Anne Long)
- Fri. 12/16/16: TBD
- Sat. 12/17/16: News & Notes – 12/17/16 – tentative
- Sun. 12/18/16: Sunday Post – 12/18/16 – tentative
The sign-up post for The Backlist Reader Challenge is up! If you’re looking for a year-long challenge to read books from your TBR pile or list, this is the one! It will be a chance to get to some of those older titles you’ve been wanting to read. I posted my goals last Monday.
What I’m Reading/Watching
Reading: I put both Tempest (Valdemar anthology; ARC) and Lady Claire Is All That (Maya Rodale; ARC) on hold again this week, mostly for lack of time and reviewing attention. I read Accidentally on Purpose (Jill Shalvis; ARC) and started re-reading The White Dragon (Anne McCaffrey; my collection.)
Listening: I’m back to listening to Made in America again, and we listened to some podcasts on the drive to New Mexico.
Watching: The three of us saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and I loved it!
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads.
For Review or Review Consideration
Many thanks to Crooked Lane Books!
Purchased for Kindle
I bought a bunch of Kindle books on sale this week, but didn’t have time to list them because we were traveling all day yesterday, so maybe I’ll do Monday Mailbox (or whatever that meme is) this week.
Have a great week, and happy reading!