The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
It was great to have Robin home with us for a week; she returned to college last Sunday. We’ll see her again in May, when school lets out for the summer.
I finally finished the intensive work project I’d been dealing with for the last several weeks. I have a little breathing space to catch up on blogging and work on some personal projects before the next indexing assignment comes along.
And I’ve been enjoying working with my children’s and youth choruses… plus, the adult chorus I sing with started rehearsing 2 weeks ago, and my voice teacher and I are working toward doing a small recital sometime in late spring or early summer, a mix of Italian and English art songs, several classical and contemporary sacred pieces, and then finishing with some Broadway show tunes. Should be fun!
The past two weeks on the blog:
- Mon. 3/10: Are self-published authors “real” authors? One writers’ union opens its ranks
- Thur. 3/13: The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop, by Kate Saunders (review)
- Sat. 3/15: News & Notes – 3/15/14 – Amazon Prime, the history of the Quidditch World Cup, Camp NaNoWriMo signups, how-to articles on pricing ebooks and killing characters, and the usual assortment of cool stuff and awesome lists.
- Mon. 3/17: Mistletoe Mine, by Emily March (review)
- Tues. 3/18: Cover Reveal: Fighting for Infinity by Karen Amanda Hooper (third in the Kindrily series
- Fri. 3/21: TOUR: Murder a la Christie by Marilyn Levinson (guest post and review)
- Sat. 3/22: News & Notes – 3/22/14 – gender-specific kids’ books, NC yanks universities’ funding for assigning controversial books, Nook news, Canada takes on agency pricing, representation of POC in children’s books, updating the Copyright Act, Gaiman on fear, opportunities for writers in April & May, two movie trailers, and a lot more – it’s a jam-packed News & Notes this week.
The coming week:
- REVIEWS TBD – mostly for the Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge
- Sat. 3/15: News & Notes – 3/29/14
New additions to the hoard:
For Review (cover links go to GoodReads):
(Cover links go to Goodreads; title links go to Amazon.)
Still on sale as of Saturday 3/22 (subject to change):
$0.99: The Color of Hope, Hounded, The Guestbook
$1.99: The Dragonriders of Pern, A Life in Stitches, A Question of Honor
$3.74: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
Gifted or won:
From the library: