The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
You can see I went on a fantasy kick recently! All three of this week’s reviews are books I read since turning in the index a week and a half ago. (I actually re-read Dark Witch, even though it wasn’t that long since I’d read it, because I had preordered the sequel and I wanted to read them straight through in order.)
It was nice to have a bit more “free” time this week. I spent most of it catching up on the blog (I’m not there yet – I want to get several weeks ahead) and working on some other projects. I’ve got another job coming in a few weeks, so I need to get my ducks in a row as far as the concert program and publicity, so I’m not scrambling to finish an index and publicize a concert in the same week. The music is coming along well, and I just love working with these kids. They’re such a delight, all of them.
The past two weeks on the blog:
- Mon. 3/24: Codex Born, by Jim C. Hines (review)
- Tues 3/25: Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Bucket List
- Wed. 3/26: Dark Witch by Nora Roberts (review)
- Thur. 3/27: Scarlet lives up to Cinder (review)
- Sat. 3/29: News & Notes – 3/29/14. Several prestigious children’s lit prizes; more on ebook-price-fixing (Amazon issues credits; Canadian judge explains injunction stay); schoolteacher disciplines class by issuing GoT spoilers; Harvard book collection includes 3 books bound in human skin (ick); short story competitions; X-men trailer, new posthumous book from Jean Craighead George, and a lot more.
The coming week:
New additions to the hoard:
For Review (cover links go to GoodReads):