I was frantically busy all week, but we have a new kitchen sink and faucet (yay!) and I should be able to turn the index in on time mid-week. Tonight is the concert Robin and I are singing in – we’re doing Hummel’s Mass in D Major. (It’s the first 12 videos on the playlist, if you click the link. No, that’s not our chorus!) Yesterday’s dress rehearsal went pretty well; we’ve got a wonderful chamber ensemble (2 violins, viola, cello, bass, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, french horn, organ, and tympani) so it sounds really full even for our smallish chorus.
I’ll be busy this week finishing the index and getting ready for our first vacation trip of the summer – a week in the Boundary Waters (Minnesota) followed by a few days on Mackinac Island. Should be fun!
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 6/01/15: Clean Sweep ARC Challenge – wrap-up
- Tues. 6/02/15: Ten SF/F Books I’d Love to See on the Screen (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 6/03/15: In the Dragon’s Eye: Only a Promise (Mary Balogh) (W.O.W.)
- Thur. 6/04/15: Owlsight, by Mercedes Lackey (review)
- Sat. 6/06/15: News & Notes – 6/06/15
Next Week on the Blog
- Mon. 6/08/15: The Religious Body, by Catherine Aird (review)
- Tues. 6/02/15: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for the Rest of 2015 (Top Ten Tuesday) (very tentative)
- Thur. 6/11/15: Finding eBook Freebies and Bargains
- Fri. 6/12/15: A Match for Marcus Cynster (review)
- Sat. 6/13/15: probably no News & Notes as I’ll be on the road.
What I’m Reading/Watching
Still working my way slowly through Victorian Fairy Tales. I started Book Scavenger and Nora Roberts’ The Liar, which finally came in from the library! As I usually do when I’m working hard or stressed out, I reread a few old favorites this week: Mary Stewart’s The Gabriel Hounds and Touch Not the Cat. I also finished listening to The Story of Human Language, by John McWhorter. I haven’t watched a thing – I’ve been way too busy with the current index!
New Additions to the Hoard
Nothing new this week!