The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures – I mean books!
The news has been so horrible the last few weeks… violence, terror, and hatred everywhere you look. I’m trying to figure out how to be a light in that darkness. There seems so little I can do that reaches past my own family and friends to the wider world… but we can’t stop trying.
Three indexes down in the last month, and one to go. There’s light at the end of the tunnel! In future, I will try not to take on quite so many books in what amounts to 5 weeks.
I’ll be cashiering the library’s summer booksale on Wednesday. It’s smaller than the two big sales they have in October and April, just fiction books (including some mystery, romance, and SF/F.) But no doubt I’ll come home with a tome or two!
Last Week on the Blog
- Sun. 7/03: Sunday Post 7/03/16
- Wed. 7/06: 7 Years — 7 Giveaways! – My 7th Blogoversary celebration kickoff!
- Thur. 7/07: Do Not Bring Your Dragon to the Library – review
- Fri. 7/08: TOUR: Read to Death (Terrie Farley Moran) – review & giveaway
- Sat. 7/09: News & Notes 7/09/16
- Fri. 7/08: Lighting a candle
- Sun. 7/10: Sunday Post 7/10/16 – this post
Upcoming on the Blog
- Mon. 7/11: Blogoversary giveaway #2
- Tues. 7/12: – Ten Facts About Me – tentative
- Wed. 7/13: In the Dragon’s Eye: Illusion Town
- Thur. 7/14: Blogoversary giveaway #3
- Fri. 7/15: Review TBD
- Sat. 7/16: News & Notes 7/16/16 – tentative
- Sun. 7/17: Sunday Post 7/17/16 – tentative
What I’m Reading/Watching
I reread several romances this week, but also read Aunt Dimity and the Buried Treasure (Nancy Atherton; library) and Stars of Fortune (Nora Roberts; bought and reread to refresh my memory before reading Bay of Sighs.) I have three books going at once now: A Darker Shade of Magic (V. E. Schwab) for the Make Me Read It readathon, Daughters of the Bride (Susan Mallery; ARC) because it comes out this week, and Fridays With the Wizards (Jessica Day George) just for fun and because the library wants it back!
In audio, I managed to squeeze in a little of Bill Bryson’s Made in America, but Great World Religions: Islam is still on hold — not because it’s not interesting (it is) but because I haven’t had the mental energy. And I want to get back to watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, Season 2.
The votes are in on the Make Me Read it Readathon! So here’s what I’ll be reading this week, in the order in which they were voted. I’ll start with the first book, and see how far I get.
- A Darker Shade of Magic (V. E. Schwab) – started
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (Sarah Maas)
- Shades of Milk and Honey (Mary Robinette Kowal)
- Unbound (Jim C. Hines)
- The Slow Regard of Silent Things (Patrick Rothfuss)
- The Thief (Megan Whalen Turner)
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads.
For Review or Review Consideration
Many thanks to Tor!
Purchased for Kindle
All of these were free or on sale, except Stars of Fortune, which I bought because I realized I needed to re-read it before beginning Bay of Sighs.