We’re halfway through our vacation/family-visiting-time. It was great to see my dad and stepmother and many of my cousins on that side of the family. Too bad I was sick for the first few days! But by Wednesday I was starting to feel a bit better except for some lingering congestion and cough. The highlights of the week were seeing the Broadway touring production of Wicked, and a family pot-luck/get-together on the night before we left.
Saturday, we drove down from Utah through southern Colorado and into northern New Mexico. It’s a pretty drive in places; we went through Moab, Durango, and Pagosa Springs. But it’s a long haul for one day! On the plus side, we saw these:
|Bear cub, southern Colorado. Photo © K. Pekar|
|Buck, northern New Mexico. Photo © K. Pekar|
We’ll spend about six days here in NM with my mom and stepdad and my sister’s family, then we drop Robin off at college in Arizona and head home. While we’re here, we’ll celebrate Robin’s birthday. It’s hard to believe she’s a sophomore in college already!
Last week on the blog:
- Mon. 8/11/14: TOUR: Mission to Murder, by Lynn Cahoon (interview & review)
- Tues. 8/12/14: Top Ten Books I’m Not Sure I Want to Read (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 8/13/14: In the Dragon’s Eye: The Homecoming (W.O.W.)
- Thur. 8/14/14: Not Quite a Wife by Mary Jo Putney (early review)
- Fri. 8/15/14: Love Letters, by Debbie Macomber (review)
- Sat. 8/16/14: News & Notes – 8/16/14 (A glitch made this publish in the previous week, but I got it sorted out today, so it should be in the right place in the archive now.)
The coming week:
- Mon. 8/18/14: Aunt Dimity and the Wishing Well, by Nancy Atherton (review)
- Tues. 8/19/14: Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling Me I Must Read (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 8/20/14: In the Dragon’s Eye: To Die Fur and Memory Zero (W.O.W.)
- Thur. 8/21/14: TBD
- Fri. 8/22/14: To Die Fur, by Dixie Lyle (early review)
- Sat. 8/23/14: News & Notes – 8/23/14 (tentative, because of everything that’s going on this week.)
New additions to the hoard:
(Cover links go to Goodreads)
Bought or free for my Kindle:
Because I love the story of Brigadoon, I wanted to read this back when it came out, but I didn’t get an ARC and my library didn’t buy it. It went on sale this week, so I snapped it up.
Have a wonderful week and happy reading!