What a weekend! Friday the 13th, then Pi Day, and today is the Ides of March. Quite a conglomeration of unusual holidays!
It’s been a busy week; I had to work pretty hard on that index (now thankfully done and turned in!) and Robin came home with a lot of homework. Still, it’s been great having her home! She has been shepherding me through the last episodes of Doctor Who Series 2, which I’ve been avoiding because I don’t want to lose Rose. We had a bunch of friends over for tea on Friday, and yesterday we celebrated Pi Day with pie (of course.) Mr. Bookwyrm took her to the airport this morning at about 4:30 am. (I stayed home in order to have enough energy for rehearsals this afternoon.) We won’t see her again until she comes home in mid-May.
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 3/09/15: COYER Wrap-up
- Tues. 3/10/15: Ten Books for Readers Who Love Fairytales (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Thur. 3/12/15: Terry Pratchett (1948-2015)
- Sat. 3/14/15: News & Notes – Pi Day 3.1415… – Terry Pratchett’s death, Harper Lee, a “clean reading” app, the latest salvos in the genre wars, male writers and female characters, more essays on representation and diversity in SF/F, and of course, Pi Day. Come check out the links!
The winner of the Ladle to the Grave giveaway is Barb – Congratulations!
Next Week on the Blog
- Mon. 3/16/15: TBD
- Tues. 3/17/15: Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List (Top Ten Tuesday) – tentative
- Wed. 3/18/15: TBD
- Thur. 3/19/15: TBD
- Fri. 3/20/15: TBD
- Sat. 3/21/15: News & Notes 3/21/15 – tentative
The Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge is underway! I’ve read only 2 qualifying books so far, but I’m hoping to get 2 or 3 more read this week.
New Additions to the Hoard
Bought for Kindle
Have a wonderful week!