The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Robin is home, which is lovely! We’ve picked back up with the book we were reading aloud over spring break, and she’s been writing up a storm. She has also started a Tumblr, called Of Meadowflowers and Butterflies, where she’ll post some book reviews and other things she’s interested in. You’re all welcome to stop by! [ETA: If you don’t have a Tumblr account, you can follow on Bloglovin: Of Meadowflowers and Butterflies. Just bear in mind, Tumblr lets you reblog other people’s stuff, so not all posts are original to her.)
OK, please bear with me while I fangirl a bit! On Saturday, I went to a nearby town where Sherryl Woods was selling and signing books as a fundraiser for the library. (She has a home there, and has set a few of her books in a thinly-disguised version of the town — which is fun for us local fans!) It’s the first time I’ve met her. She’s a lovely, warm, kind person, very easy to talk with. I’m definitely a fan; after I discovered her Chesapeake Shores series, I plowed through every other book I could get my hands on — although since she’s written more than 100 books, I’m not even close to having read them all. Anyway, I picked up six books for me, plus two to give away on the blog, all signed! Keep an eye out; I’ll be reviewing her newest Sweet Magnolias book later this summer, and there will be a giveaway of 2 of her older books.
After meeting Sherryl, I headed to my own county library, where Mary Behre was speaking and signing her new book, a paranormal romantic suspense called Spirited. It looks and sounds wonderful! It’s the first in a series; the second, Guarded, comes out in August. Mary is delightful, and I can’t wait to read her books. I bought two signed copies of Spirited, one for me and one to give away, and Mary was kind enough to give me an ARC of Guarded. Watch for my reviews later this summer!
I’ll be working hard again this week, so I may not be returning as many blog visits — I’m sorry in advance! I’ll try to catch up the following week when things slow down a little.
Last week on the blog:
- Mon. 5/19/14: Before We Kiss (Susan Mallery) – mini-review
- Tues. 5/20/14: Top Ten Books About Friendship – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 5/21/14: W.O.W.: The Immortal Crown – Waiting on Wednesday
- Thur. 5/22/14: Murder at Honeychurch Hall (Hannah Dennison) – review
- Fri. 5/23/14: I’m taking a COYER Summer Vacation! – sign-up post
- Sat. 5/24/14: News & Notes – 5/24/14
The coming week:
- Mon. 5/26/14: Print plus eBooks — Kindle Matchbook and BitLit test the waters
- Tues. 5/27/14: Top Ten Tuesday – Free topic; only if I have time
- Wed. 5/28/14: Sapphires Are an Earl’s Best Friend – review
- Fri. 5/30/14: A Wrinkle In Time – review, to coincide with the readalong discussion at The Midnight Garden
- Sat. 5/31/14: News & Notes – 5/31/14
New additions to the hoard:
(Cover links go to Goodreads)