The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
A joyous Easter to all of you who are celebrating it today!
Easter feels a bit strange this year. Robin couldn’t make it home; her semester ends in less than a month, and they didn’t get any time off for Easter. It’s the first year since she was a toddler that we haven’t dyed eggs with her and done an egg-and-basket hunt. (Yes, we still kept doing egg hunts long after she stopped believing in the Easter Bunny. All three of us are big on tradition!)
Mr. Bookwyrm and I dyed eggs yesterday anyway, just for fun. I’m planning to do a small Easter dinner for the two of us, but after that, it will be a very quiet day. In some ways, we need that — Holy Week (the days leading up to Easter) is both glorious and exhausting for choir members. We rehearsed Tuesday and Wednesday nights and had services on Thursday and Friday nights and a 2-hour service with lots of music late last night — then the Easter morning service this morning. My voice is now hoarse, but I loved every minute of it. For me, music is akin to prayer.
Because my evenings were taken up with choir and church, I didn’t get as much review-book reading done as I hoped this past week… but I squeezed in a bit of rereading here and there. I’m working my way through the Harry Potter books again, though I don’t think I’ll review them — they’ve been pretty much reviewed to death over the years!
Giveaway reminder: The contest to win a paperback copy of A Roux of Revenge ends Thursday. Don’t forget to enter!
The past two weeks on the blog:
- Mon. 4/14/14: SYNC titles for this summer
- Tues. 4/15/14: Bookish Stuff I’d Love to Own (a Top Ten Tuesday post)
- Wed. 4/16/14: Early review: Guidebook to Murder, by Lynn Cahoon
- Sat. 4/19/14: News & Notes – 4/19/14 — Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s death, Pulitzer & LA Times Book Prize winners, Goodreads/Amazon news, Rowling and the 2014 Quidditch World Cup, lots of movie news, writing tips from Alice Hoffman, and a bunch more.
The coming week:
- Mon. 4/21/14: When We Kiss, by Susan Mallery (Fool’s Gold #13) — review
- Wed. 4/23/14: TOUR: Corpse with the Emerald Thumb (Cathy Ace) — Interview, review & giveaway!
- Sat. 4/26/14: News & Notes – 4/26/14
- Other reviews and posts TBD
New additions to the hoard:
(Cover links go to Goodreads)
Bought in print:
Bought for My Kindle:
Have a great week, everyone!