The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Last Sunday’s concert was amazing! What a treat to be able, in our semi-rural community, to sing a magnificent Haydn mass with a professional chamber ensemble and terrific soloists! It went very well, thanks to our wonderful director, and I was still on cloud nine when I woke up on Monday.
We’ve got family coming to visit this week – both of my husband’s siblings and their families. I’m really looking forward to seeing them, but there’s a lot to do to get ready! Robin and I have been cleaning and decluttering all week. We’ll spend a few nights here with one family, then all meet the other in the mountains for about 5 days before returning here. Mr. Bookwyrm’s siblings live in Texas and Minnesota, and their kids are scattered all over the country, so this is the first time we’ll all been together since my mother-in-law’s death over two years ago.
I’m not sure how good the internet service is where we’ll be staying, so next weekend’s posts may be either late or sketchy, but I should be back up and running by Monday. ETA: Turns out there’s little to no internet where we’re going (and I don’t have a smart phone, and anyway the cell phone reception is spotty, too.) So I will probably be incommunicado for much of this coming week. I’ll try to catch up on comments etc. the following week!
Last week on the blog:
- Tues. 6/10/14: Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far in 2014 – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 6/11/14: Waiting on Wednesday – 6/11/14 (Child of a Hidden Sea and The Beekeeper’s Ball)
- Fri. 6/13/14: Review: Blossom Street Brides (Debbie Macomber)
- Sat. 6/14/14: News & Notes – 6/14/14 – Where’s Spot?‘s Eric Hill has died; more on Amazon & Hachette, the ebook pricing lawsuit, and the Hathitrust fair use lawsuit; this week’s SYNC titles; a new Poirot novel; publisher logos; and more fun stuff!
The coming week:
- Tues. 6/10/14: Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 6/11/14: Waiting on Wednesday
- Fri. 6/20/14: Review: The Promise (Robyn Carr)
- Sat. 6/21/14:
News & Notes – 6/21/14ETA: There’s little to no wireless where I’ll be staying this weekend, and News & Notes can’t really be prepared 5 or 6 days in advance, so I may have to skip it this week. I’m sorry!
New additions to the hoard:
(Cover links go to Goodreads)
Bought in print:
Bought or free for my Kindle:
That’s it for this week! Happy reading!