The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Here are a few pictures from the mountain lodge and cabin where we stayed last week. Unfortunately, the day I went hiking with them was very misty and overcast, so none of my photos from the trail are very interesting. Despite or maybe because of the cooler wetter weather, all three families had a wonderful time. We played cards, talked, went for walks in the mountains, and ate way too much delicious food! (It’s definitely time to get back to exercising and eating healthy again.) Some of them came home with us and stayed well into the week, which was lovely.
|The view from the front porch of the main lodge. That hill is steeper than it looks!|
|The main lodge’s front porch. I like to sit here and knit or read.|
|The cabin where our 3 families stayed — all 13 of us.|
Toward the end of this past week, we celebrated Mr. Bookwyrm’s birthday. ‘Robin’ made him a chocolate cake from scratch. Wow, is it delicious! (So much for the healthy eating plan, huh?) Tomorrow afternoon, we’re going to see How To Train Your Dragon 2.
All the visitors and festivities made it hard to catch up with the blog, but I think I’ve replied to all the comments I was delinquent on, and I’m making really good headway on returning visits. I also got a few reviews written, one for Friday and one for next Monday, so hopefully I’ll get caught up and back to being ahead of the game soon.
Things are picking up on the indexing front, too, with a big project for July and more scheduled for September and October. It can be challenging to balance indexing and blogging, since both require a lot of time on the computer, but I’ll do my best!
Last week on the blog:
- Wed. 6/25/14: Waiting on Wednesday – 6/25/14: The Escape and Muffin But Murder
- Fri. 6/27/14: REVIEW: Wild Iris Ridge by RaeAnne Thayne
- Sat. 6/28/14: News & Notes – 6/28/14: Flowers for Algernon author dies; B&N to spin off Nook business; Apple actually settles in one ebook pricing class-action suit; several copyright disputes; S&S opens ebook lending to libraries nationwide; the writing brain; what makes words real; and a lot of other interesting links!
- Sat. 6/28/14: Cover of Jim Hines’ Unbound revealed!
The coming week:
- Mon. 6/30/14: The Beekeeper’s Ball, by Susan Wiggs (review)
- Tues. 7/01/14: Top Ten Favorite Classics and/or Classics I Want to Read
- Wed. 7/02/14: TOUR: Be Careful What You Witch For (interview, review, giveaway)
- Wed. 7/02/14: Waiting on Wednesday
- Sat. 6/28/14: News & Notes – 6/28/14
- Other posts & reviews TBD
New additions to the hoard:
(Cover links go to Goodreads)
Bought or free for my Kindle: