A pretty quiet week, all told – in real life, at least. I’ve been very busy trying to catch up with the blog, getting this week’s posts done and writing up some of the reviews I drafted during my vacation. And I’m trying to squeeze in some decluttering around the house, although that hasn’t been going too well. Still, Robin and I got about a box and a half of cookbooks, textbooks, and reference books ready to donate! A new indexing project arrived Friday, so I’ll be working come Monday.
On the blog, though, last Monday was an exiting day – my 6th Blogoversary! I’m celebrating with a giveaway – actually two, a reading journal and an Amazon gift certificate – so be sure to visit the post to enter!
Oh, one more thing. If you follow me through Feedburner, you will need to unsubscribe and then resubscribe using the RSS feed in my sidebar. I’ve updated the feed at Feedburner, but they don’t seem to have a way to automatically update the feed that current subscribers use. That means that if you subscribed before last September, you probably aren’t getting my posts anymore. (Of course, that makes this message kind of pointless, doesn’t it? Well, hopefully people will find their way back anyway.)
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 7/06/15: The Bookwyrm Turns 6! (6th blogoversary post & giveaway)
- Tues. 7/07/15: Top Ten Hyped Books I Haven’t Read (Yet) (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 7/08/15: TOUR: The Case of the Dotty Dowager, by Cathy Ace (review, interview, and giveaway!)
- Thurs. 7/09/15: Book Scavenger, by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman (review)
- Fri. 7/10/15: The Theory of Everything (movie review)
- Sat. 7/11/15: News & Notes – 7/11/15
- Sun. 7/12/15: Sunday Post – 7/12/15 (this post)
Next Week on the Blog
- Mon. 7/13/15: TBD
- Tues. 7/14/15: Ten Books I’ve Acquired Most Recently (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 7/15/15: Thrill Me (Susan Mallery) (review)
- Fri. 7/17/15: This Rough Magic (Mary Stewart) (review)
- Sat. 7/18/15: News & Notes – 7/18/15
- Sun. 7/19/15: Sunday Post – 7/19/15
What I’m Reading/Watching
I finished reading The Case of the Dotty Dowager by Cathy Ace – just in time for the tour! I also read Thrill Me by Susan Mallery (ARC) and Aunt Dimity and the Summer King (Nancy Atherton – library book.) I started Serafina and the Black Cloak (Robert Beatty – ARC), and I’m still working on Silver in the Blood (Jessica Day George.) As for TV, we’ve been watching the first season of Avatar: The Last Airbender (a favorite of Robin’s) and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
New Additions to the Hoard
Many thanks to Bantam (RHP), Pocket Books and Nancy Berland Public Relations, and Harlequin!
For Review Consideration
Purchased for Kindle
These were all on sale for $2.99 or less.