Robin passed her driving test (huzzah!) and she’s off petsitting for a friend of mine – two big, sweet Labradoodles and two mischievous 5-month-old kittens. She’s having a wonderful time, though she says one of the kittens is a real handful – into everything and chewing on anything.
I’ve spent the week working – well, trying to work. It’s going slowly because of the wrist/thumb thing. I’m using Dragon voice-recognition software, but I still have to use the mouse a lot, and with my left hand, that’s a challenge. I’ve also got to start packing, since Robin and I leave early this week to visit my parents in New Mexico.
I’ve got a few posts scheduled for the coming month while I’m away, but not as many as I’d like. I’ll add a few more while I’m gone, but I plan to spend most of the time visiting with family and getting this index done and the next one started.
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 7/27/15: Wildest Dreams (Robyn Carr) (review)
- Tues. 7/28/15: Ten Characters Who Are Fellow Book Nerds (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Thur. 7/30/15: Aunt Dimity and the Summer King (Nancy Atherton) (review)
- Fri. 7/31/15: Upcoming Releases – August 2015 – not all of them, but the ones I’m most looking forward to
- Sat. 8/01/15: News & Notes – 8/01/15
- Sun. 8/02/15: Sunday Post – 8/02/15 (this post)
Next Week on the Blog
- Mon. 8/03/15: Murder at Barclay Meadows (Wendy Sand Eckel) (review)
- Tues. 8/04/15: Ten Fairytale Retellings I’ve Read/Want to Read (Top Ten Tuesday) – tentative
- Thur. 8/06/15: Serafina and the Black Cloak (Robert Beatty) (review) – tentative
- Sat. 8/08/15: News & Notes – 8/08/15 – very tentative
- Sun. 8/09/15: Sunday Post – 8/09/15 – tentative
What I’m Reading/Watching
What with having to cut back on computer time, I got more reading done this week – yay!!! I finished reading Murder at Barclay Meadow, which was really good. I also read Siren’s Call (Jayne Castle), Not Always a Saint (Mary Jo Putney, ARC), Phantom Evil (Heather Graham – the first Krewe of Hunters book), and Night Moves (Nora Roberts – one of her earlier efforts, and I wasn’t very happy with it.) I’ve already written and scheduled reviews for three of them, and drafted notes for the other two.
Robin and I watched a few more episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender and Mr. Bookwyrm and I watched several ST:DS9 episodes, but it wasn’t a big TV-watching week.
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads
For Review or Review Consideration
My first digital Avon Addicts package came in! I should receive a physical one next month – Mr. Bookwyrm will have to bring it to me when he joins us later in the month. I don’t know whether the books will be the same or not – it’s going to take a little while to get the hang of this Avon Addicts thing! Can’t wait to read the Eva Leigh book – the publicist says she’s like Tessa Dare, which sounds great.
Many thanks to Avon, Disney-Hyperion, Harlequin, and Minotaur!
Purchased for Kindle
I’ve reviewed the Sarah Morgan book and the two Lynn Cahoon mysteries, but wanted my own copies so I could refer to them when the next one in each series comes out. A review of Siren’s Call will be coming this month. All of these were on sale, except the two Marion Zimmer Bradley titles, which are old favorites. The Complete Miss Marple is a really good deal, if you’re a Christie or mystery fan – all 13 books and the short stories for $5.99 (Amazon).
Cover links take you to Goodreads or my review, if I’ve posted one.