Books Read – July 2022
This was another big rereading month for me, but I did fit in four review copies, listened to a new audiobook, and read a graphic novel I borrowed from the library. I go on rereading binges like this periodically, more often when I’m feeling a bit stressed or anxious. (It was the former this month, not the latter.) Note: title links go to my reviews. Titles with an asterisk (*) don’t have a cover photo.
- The Fossil Door (Celia Lake) – reread
- Goblin Fruit (Celia Lake) – reread
- Pastiche (Celia Lake) – reread
- Wards of the Roses (Celia Lake) – reread
- Winter’s Charms (Celia Lake) – reread
- Unexplored Territory (Celia Lake) * – novella, reread
- On the Bias (Celia Lake) – reread
- A Duchess by Midnight (Charis Michaels) – ARC
- Sweetwater and the Witch (Jayne Castle) – ARC
- Tea and Meetings (Celia Lake) * – short story collection; reread
- Three Tales of Gabe and Rathna (Celia Lake) * – short story collection; reread
- Eclipse (Celia Lake) – reread
- Sailor’s Jewel (Celia Lake) – reread
- The Hare and the Oak (Celia Lake) – reread
- The Fairy Godmother (Mercedes Lackey) – reread
- The Sleeping Beauty (Mercedes Lackey) – reread
- The Secret of Bow Lane (Jennifer Ashley) – ARC
- Once Upon a Winter’s Night (Dennis McKiernan) – reread
- Once Upon a Summer’s Day (Dennis McKiernan) – reread
- Once Upon an Autumn Eve (Dennis McKiernan) – reread
- Once Upon a Spring Morn (Dennis McKiernan) – reread
- Once Upon a Dreadful Time (Dennis McKiernan) – reread
- The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches (Sangu Mandanna) – ARC
- Mooncakes (Suzanne Walker; illus. by Wendy Xu)
- A Caribbean Mystery (Agatha Christie) – reread
- Guild Boss (Jayne Castle) – reread
- Murphy’s Law (Rhys Bowen)
- A Prayer for the Crown-Shy (Becky Chambers) – audiobook
- 84, Charing Cross Road (Helene Hanff) – audiobook
These are the books I read for various challenges, but I have not written or posted all the reviews yet, so most won’t show up on my 2022 Challenges tracking page. All title links go to my reviews.
Goodreads Challenge 2022: 29 books in July (all titles listed above). I’m currently 29 books ahead of schedule for my goal of 175 books in the year, but the excess is largely due to rereading (and to bingeing Celia Lake’s books twice, once in February and March, and once in July, though I skipped a few this time around.)
22 in 2022: 1 book in July (Murphy’s Law). I’m way behind on this challenge; I’ve only read 6 of the 22 titles so far. That leaves me 5 months in which to read 16 books – a little over three books per month. Not impossible, but it’s going to take discipline, especially if I’m not in the mood for a particular book.
Audiobook Challenge 2022: 2 books in July (A Prayer for the Crown-Shy; 84 Charing Cross Road), which brings me to 15 books for the year; my goal was 10-15 books for the year.
The Backlist Reader Challenge 2022: 2 books in July (Murphy’s Law; 84 Charing Cross Road). I’ve read 17 of my goal of 24 books for the year, so I’m basically on track.
COYER Summer 2022: 28 books in July. (All titles read this month count toward COYER Summer 2022.)
Library Love 2022: 1 book in July (Mooncakes), which brings me to 10 books of my 12-book goal for the year.
Read Christie 2022: 1 book in July (A Caribbean Mystery)