The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Hey, we finally got some snow! Not as much as the forecasters predicted, which has become the norm this winter, but a respectable 3 inches nonetheless. I took the snowy day to make some banana bread, do a little reading, and catch up on responding to blog comments.
It’s also been great to have Mr. Bookwyrm home in the evenings. I really missed him last week. I don’t mind being alone during the day so much — I’ve got my indexing work, blogging, and books to keep me busy (not to mention the housework — no, really, let’s not mention that! I’d much rather read.) But evenings are harder, when he’s on travel. And besides, we needed to finish up Foyle’s War. Which we’ve done, except for the three episodes that aired this fall. We’re waiting for those to show up on Netflix.
On a more serious note, I found out this week that a college friend of mine died unexpectedly of sleep apnea. It was a total shock and a great sadness. I had lost touch with him for many years and had only recently made contact again through Facebook. I’d been hoping to see him if we ever got up to New York, where he worked as a theater tech. It’s so hard to believe that he’s gone.
Last week on the blog:
- Mon. 1/20: Killing Cupid, by Laura Levine (review)
- Tues. 1/21: Wishing on a Star (Top 10 Things on my reading wish list) (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 1/22: Amazon wants to ship stuff BEFORE you buy it
- Thur. 1/23: The Peculiar Case of Lord Finsbury’s Diamonds, by Stephanie Laurens (review)
- Sat. 1/25: News & Notes – 1/25/14
The coming week:
- Mon. 1/27: Home to Seaview Key, by Sherryl Woods (review)
- Tues. 1/21: Top Ten Worlds I’d Never Want to Live In (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 1/29: Magic Man, by Patricia Rice (review)
- Fri. 1/31: An Air of Treason, by P. F. Chisolm (review)
- Sat. 2/01: News & Notes – 1/25/14
New additions to the hoard:
(Click links for Goodreads page.)