Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Blogging Confessions.
So these are the things I’ve been mostly keeping to myself…
- I love the people I’ve met and made friends with through blogging. Their enthusiasm and friendliness keep me going! Seriously, this is one of the two best things about book blogging. (The other is the books, of course!)
- I’m a recovering NetGalley addict. Seriously. Total addict. I was requesting far too many books for a while there. Recently, I resolved to cut waaaaay back on requests. I will keep it to books I really, really want to read – the ones I know I’ll be reading whether or not I get an ARC. So far, I’m holding to the resolution, but it’s only been a few weeks. Wish me luck!
- Too much pressure to read makes me not want to read. I love reading. I crave it. Heck, I’m addicted to it! But when I have piles and piles of books I have to read, I rebel. I just don’t wanna read them. Sometimes I say “the heck with it” and go read something I want to read, but other times, I find that a few days have gone by and I’ve barely picked up a book. Hence the resolution to cut back on NetGalley. If I can recover enough “free” reading time, hopefully it won’t feel like a chore anymore.
- I keep library books out for months. My library lets me renew books as long as they’re not on hold for someone else. I’ve had some of them in the house for months now without reading them. As with NetGalley, I’m too quick to check books out without thinking of whether I have time to read them or not.
- I’ve got a few unread ARCs stretching back over a year – not a lot, but enough to make me feel guilty. My hope is to polish some of those off this fall, after I read and review the summer books I’ve committed to.
- I’m a perfectionist. Which means I’m really slow at writing posts. I can’t stand to dash something off and post it, only to find I’ve made a glaring mistake. It’s got to be right. I’m trying to figure out how to speed things up. Any ideas?
- I’m almost always behind on writing reviews. Right now, I’ve got four I really need to write, and about 10 more books I’ve read this year but not reviewed. (See the previous entry for why I get so behind.)
- I try to be super-organized. I’ve got a color-coded spreadsheet for ARCs and other review books, so I can keep track of what to read next based on publication dates and tour dates. I’ve got folders for blog- and tour-related emails in Outlook. I use Goodreads to keep track of my current reading and TBR. Hey, I am on top of things… except when I’m not. Because I’m great at coming up with systems, but not always consistent with following them.
- Blogging is eating up way too much of my time, but I still love it. I do need to figure out how to do it in less time, though!
Okay, so that’s only nine, not ten. But you know what? In the spirit of letting go of perfectionism, I’m going to say it’s enough.
What are your blogging confessions?