Whew! It’s been a busy 2 weeks. I worked hard on an indexing project which I turned in on the 8th. Then I had 3 days to get ready to leave for a month of visiting family – meaning not only packing, but finishing most of the Christmas shopping. We’re now visiting my dad and stepmother in Utah before going on to my mom and stepdad and my sister’s family in New Mexico. And Robin has the whole month off! We picked her up at the airport yesterday. She looks great – she cut her below-the-waist hair really short, and it looks both sophisticated and retro-cute. It’s going to be wonderful to spend a whole month with her – we haven’t seen her since early September.
Because I’ll be spending time with family (and working – I have an indexing project with me), blog posts may be a bit sporadic over the next three or four weeks. I’ve got some posts scheduled through the end of this week, but Saturday’s News & Notes and the Sunday Post may be a bit erratic. And after this week, it’s whatever I can squeeze in, though I do have a backlog of half-written reviews to finish up. Things should get back to normal in mid-January.
Last Two Weeks On the Blog
- Mon., 12/01/14: A Celebration of Jan Brett – a look at Brett’s Christmas Books
- Tues., 12/02/14: (taking a week off Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed., 12/03/14: The Christmas Ranch, by RaeAnne Thayne (review)
- Thur., 12/04/14: Cruisin’ Thru the Cozies 2014 – Goals and Sign-Up
- Fri., 12/05/14: Once Upon a Marigold, by Jean Ferris (review)
- Mon., 12/08/14: Yours for Christmas, by Susan Mallery (review)
- Tues. 12/09/14: Top Ten New-to-Me Authors for 2014 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Thurs. 12/11/14: Waistcoats & Weaponry, by Gail Carriger (review)
- Fri., 12/12/15: The Monogram Murders, by Sophie Hannah (review)
- [no News & Notes this week, since I was travelling]
This Week on the Blog
- Mon., 12/15/14: The Late Scholar, by Jill Paton Walsh (review)
- Tues. 12/16/14: My Top Ten Books for 2014 (Top Ten Tuesday) (tentative)
- Thurs. 12/18/14: Dragonholder (a biography of Anne McCaffrey) (review)
- Fri., 12/19/15: Blogging what you read vs. reading what you blog (Musings)
- Sat., 12/20/15: [News & Notes – tentative]
New Additions to the Hoard
Many thanks to St. Martin’s Press/Minotaur Books and Harlequin!
Purchased or Free for My Kindle
As you can see, I took advantage of the Cyber Monday ebook sales!