July New Releases I Can’t Wait to Read
The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal (July 3) I loved Kowal’s Shades of Milk and Honey and Ghost Talkers, two historical fantasies set in very different time frames. In The Calculating Stars, Kowal expands on an alternate history based on her Hugo Award-winning novelette “The Lady Astronaut of Mars” (which you can read online here.) Frankly, I’ll read anything she writes!
Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik (July 10) Novik’s Uprooted is a gorgeously written original fairy tale (with elements of Beauty and the Beast and one or two other tales.) In Spinning Silver, Novik takes on the Rumplestiltskin tale, and I have no doubt that this one will be equally wonderful. I’ve never read anything of hers that wasn’t!
- The Corpse at the Crystal Palace (Daisy Dalrymple #23) by Carola Dunn (July 3)
- Dyeing Up Loose Ends (Knitting Mystery #16) by Maggie Sefton (July 3)
- Beast: A Tale of Love and Revenge by Lisa Jensen (July 10)
- Shelved Under Murder (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries #2) by Victoria Gilbert (July 10)
- Aunt Dimity and the King’s Ransom (Aunt Dimity #23) by Nancy Atherton (July 24)
- A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals #2) by Alyssa Cole (July 31)
- Pale as Death (Krewe of Hunters #25) by Heather Graham (July 31)