In the Dragon’s Eye is where I share the books I’ve got my acquisitive eye on: the ones I’m really excited about and hope to read and perhaps add to the hoard. I also link to “Waiting On” Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Cover links take you to Goodreads; all blurbs are also from Goodreads.
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.
Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend–the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.
Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?
- This series has been amazing and I’ve devoured the first three books, so I’m expecting this one to be just as good.
- Stories that are inspired by fairytales but depart from them in creative and engaging ways. What’s not to like?
- Cinder, Scarlet & Cress–wonderful heroines, all of whom are good at things we normally associate with guys (mechanical and electrical engineering, programming, piloting.)
- Kai, Wolf, and Thorne–I always root for heroes who like and respect competent women.
- Winter intrigues me. I really liked what we saw of her in Cress, and I can’t wait for her story. Ditto Jacin.
- Cress left a number of things hanging, and I need to know what’s going to happen!