In the Dragon’s Eye is where I share the books I’ve got my acquisitive eye on: the ones I’m really excited about and hope to read and perhaps add to the hoard. I also link to “Waiting On” Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Cover links take you to Goodreads; all blurbs are also from Goodreads.
Winter (Marissa Meyer)
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.
Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend–the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.
Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?
- This series has been amazing and I’ve devoured the first three books, so I’m expecting this one to be just as good.
- Stories that are inspired by fairytales but depart from them in creative and engaging ways. What’s not to like?
- Cinder, Scarlet & Cress–wonderful heroines, all of whom are good at things we normally associate with guys (mechanical and electrical engineering, programming, piloting.)
- Kai, Wolf, and Thorne–I always root for heroes who like and respect competent women.
- Winter intrigues me. I really liked what we saw of her in Cress, and I can’t wait for her story. Ditto Jacin.
- Cress left a number of things hanging, and I need to know what’s going to happen!
Quinn @ Quinn's Book Nook
I’m so excited for this book too! I can’t believe this series is ending though!
Quinn @ Quinn’s Book Nook recently posted…Audio Review: Animal Attraction by Jill Shalvis
I know… I want to read it, but I don’t want the series to be over.
Bea @Bea's Book Nook
I like your list of reasons. 🙂 I haven’t tried this series yet but I’m glad you like it.
Bea @Bea’s Book Nook recently posted…Waiting on Wednesday: Marked In Flesh by Anne Bishop
This series is really terrific!
I love the covers on these books! I really need to move Cinder up to the top of my TBR stack. I want to read this one too!
Literary Feline recently posted…Playing Catch Up: My Bookish Thoughts on Books by Backman, Tansley and Hawkins
They’re so good! I hope you get a chance to read them soon!
Katherine @ I Wish I Lived in a Library
I haven’t even started the first one yet but I really really want to! This series sounds fantastic!
Katherine @ I Wish I Lived in a Library recently posted…Spending the Holidays With People I’d Like to Punch in the Throat – Review
The series has been wonderful so far. Well written, and it has terrific (and individual) female characters.
I’m right there with you, so excited to read this! Thankfully I hooked my mom on the series, so she’s helping me remember when it comes out (since I’m likely to forget with my work schedule lately). So excited!
Berls recently posted…A breathtaking, devestating transformation in Queen of Always
I can’t wait! It should hit my Kindle shortly after midnight on Monday night. Though I might have to wait; next week is going to be an absolute bear with work.