Mr. Bookwyrm had to go in to work for part of the day several times this week (for the first time in months), but he’ll still be mostly working from home. I still don’t have an indexing job, so I baked banana bread, did some spinning and knitting, and wrote a few posts and reviews. I also made regular bread using the breadmaker, which doesn’t really count as baking but tastes great. But I feel as though I should have been a lot more productive.
Last Week on the Blog
- Sunday Post – 7/12/2020
- Mid-Year Challenge Update
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown, by Talia Hibbert – review
- News & Notes – 7/11/2020
- Sunday Post – 7/12/2020 – this post
This Week on the Blog
- Lingo: Around Europe in 60 Languages by Gaston Dorren – review
- Book Events I’d Love To Attend Someday – Top Ten Tuesday
- The Relentless Moon, by Mary Robinette Kowal – review, tentative
- WIP Wednesday – 7/22/2020 – tentative
- News & Notes – 7/25/2020 – tentative
- Sunday Post – 7/26/2020 – tentative
What I’m Reading/Watching
Reading: I read Deadly Touch (Heather Graham; ARC) and The Relentless Moon (Mary Robinette Kowal; ARC). I also started rereading The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey, because the other books were a little too intense for middle-of-the-night-insomnia reading. And I need to pick up An Extraordinary Union again; I paused it to read The Relentless Moon. (Click titles for my review or to see the title on Goodreads.)
Listening: I have been listening to podcasts, mainly Harry Potter and the Sacred Text, 99% Invisible, and Imaginary Worlds.
Watching: We’ve been watching the 1980s Adventures of Sherlock Holmes mysteries starring Jeremy Brett. We also watched Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Added to the Hoard
Purchased (Kindle, print, or audio)
Print: The Relentless Moon (my preorder came in.) Kindle: The Vicarage Murder; The Secret, Book, & Scone Society; The Whispered Word; Mycroft and Sherlock; Sweet Talkin’ Lover; The Obsessions of Lord Godfrey Cavanaugh Audiobooks (Audible, Libro.fm, or Chirp): (Click title for Goodreads page or my review.)