The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures – I mean books!
I finished my index on Monday, and another one’s schedule has slipped, so I had the rest of the week “off.” Well, off from indexing, anyway — there always seems to be more to do than I have time for! I had a dentist appointment, took the cats to the vet, worked on music (that took a lot of the time), got a few blog posts written, went to two rehearsals, filed my quarterly taxes… and there are still about 80 gazillion other things on my to-do list.
The kitties are holding their own. Tasha’s under-the-tongue tumor hasn’t gotten much bigger, which is surprising, given that the kind of cancer she has is usually aggressive. It bothers her sometimes, but she’s still eating and seems OK, not in pain. Thomas has ulcers in his mouth, and those are getting better after steroid shots a few weeks ago. They go back for another checkup in two weeks, but we’re very happy that they’re doing OK for now.
I’ve been sleeping better this week, so I didn’t get as much reading done. I know the sleep is important for my health, both mental and physical, and I’m grateful that I’m not up for half the night — but I wish there were a way to fit both into my schedule without cutting out all the other stuff I do!
The huge biennial library booksale started Friday, and of course I was there… with strict orders to myself not to go overboard. You can guess how well that worked! Actually, I only bought one box of books and a small pile of paperbacks, and some of those were for Robin. Still, it was quite a haul.
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 4/11: The Ladies’ Man & Some Kind of Wonderful – review
- Tues. 4/12: Ten Books Every Middle-Grader Should Read
- Wed. 4/13: TOUR: An Unhappy Medium – REVIEW & GIVEAWAY
- Sat. 4/16: News & Notes 4/16/16
- Sun. 4/17: Sunday Post 4/17/16 – this post
Don’t miss The Murder of Mary Russell giveaway! It ends Monday night.
Upcoming on the Blog
- Mon. 4/18: Reunion Pass (Emily March) — tentative
- Tues. 4/19: ‘Til Death Do Us Part – Excerpt – Release day spotlight!
- Wed. 4/20: In the Dragon’s Eye: Only Beloved
- Thur. 4/21 or Fri. 4/22: Death Mask (Ellis Peters) — tentative
- Sat. 4/23: News & Notes 4/23/16
- Sun. 4/24: Sunday Post 4/24/16
What I’m Reading/Watching
I finished reading An Unhappy Medium (Dawn Eastman, ARC), along with Death Mask (Ellis Peters) and Flawless (Heather Graham, ARC.) I’ve started Riverbend Road (RaeAnne Thayne, ARC.) I also reread Julia Quinn’s The Viscount Who Loved Me. And I need to get back to listening to the Great Courses lecture series on Great World Religions: Judaism — I’ve still got 1 lecture to go, out of 12.
We’re still watching season 5 of Poirot, and we started a documentary series called Raiders of the Lost Art. I’ve only seen the first episode so far; it was interesting, but not quite as engrossing as I’d hoped.
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads.
For Review or Review Consideration
Purchased for Kindle
I haven’t read any of these. I’ve been meaning to try Tanya Huff’s Quarters series for a while. (I realized after I bought it that I have it in mass-market paperback, but the print in the book is pretty tiny, so that’s OK.)
Purchased in Print
I absolutely loved Lloyd’s A Snicker of Magic, so when I saw she had a new book out, and my library didn’t have it, I had to buy it! Below are the titles I bought for myself at the used book sale at the library. (There are too many to show images, and I didn’t include Robin’s books.)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (Sarah J. Maas)
- Heir of Fire (Sarah J. Maas)
- The Smoke Thief (Shana Abe)
- Tongues of Serpents (Naomi Novik)
- Mrs. Roosevelt’s Confidante (Susan Elia MacNeal)
- The Baker Street Translation (Michael Robertson)
- Lord Darcy (Randall Garrett)
- Garden of Lies (Amanda Quick) (my review)
- Chasing Fire (Nora Roberts)
- The Search (Nora Roberts)
- Tribute (Nora Roberts)
- Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, Heart of the Sea (Gallagher trilogy, Nora Roberts)
- Taliesin (Stephen R. Lawhead)
- The Waterless Sea (Kate Constable)
- The Saint of Dragons (Jason Hightman)
- Double-Booked for Death, A Novel Way to Die, Words with Fiends, and Literally Murder (Ali Brandon)
- The Wolfe Widow and The Marsh Madness (Victoria Abbott)
- The Last Word (Ellery Adams)
- It Takes a Witch (Heather Blake)
- First Truth, Forgotten Truth, and Lost Truth (Dawn Cook)