The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
We had a wonderful Christmas vacation, spending a week and a half with my parents and sister and her family, then heading to Houston to visit Mr. Bookwyrm’s sister and family. We also spent lots of time driving: Virginia to New Mexico to Texas and finally home again. But in between the traveling there was plenty of laughter, good conversation, great meals, and lots of Pounce. (Pounce is a card game popular with my side of the family, which we’ve now taught to most of Mr. Bookwyrm’s side. It’s essentially multiplayer double solitaire on steroids: fast, competitive, and highly additive.)
And Santa brought me a Kindle! I’ve joined the dark side – they have freebies. Seriously, I did hold out for a long time, but my Sony Reader had become so slow that it was cutting into my reading time, and after a lot of consideration, I decided to go Kindle. I’ve been loving my new Kindle Paperwhite, and have been amusing myself picking up yet more Kindle freebies and bargains now that I don’t have to read them on my laptop app. Heaven knows when I’ll have time to read even half of them…
We arrived home late Saturday night – hence the lateness of this Sunday Post; we had church and a Twelfth Night open house at our friends today, so I didn’t have much time to pull a post together. But it’s good to be home! Our daughter will be here for about a week before heading back to college; I intend to make the most of it, so I may not blog much until next week.
Have a great week, and stay safe and warm!
The last two weeks on the blog:
- Mon. 12/23: Movie Review: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- Tues. 12/24: Dear Santa… (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 12/25: Merry Christmas!
- Tues. 12/31: 2013 in Review (a wrap-up post)
- Tues. 12/31: Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Read in 2013
- Wed. 1/01/14: Happy New Year!
- Fri. 1/03: A Cold Creek Christmas Surprise, by RaeAnne Thayne (review)
- Sat. 1/04: News & Notes – 1/04/14 – 2 weeks worth of News & Notes, plus Neil Gaiman appearing on the children’s TV show Arthur (clip)
The coming week:
- Mon. 1/06: The (belated) Sunday Post – 1/05/13
- Tues. 1/07: Top Ten Tuesday: Reading & Blogging Goals 2014
- (rest of the week TBD)
New additions to the hoard:
(Click links for Goodreads page.)