The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures – I mean books!
I hit a milestone – 1000 posts on the blog! The 1000th post was last Tuesday’s Top Ten Books on my Fall TBR List. I didn’t realize it until I was preparing this post! I’ve come a long way since that first post.
It turned into a very busy week, and I got almost no new posts written, darn it. I hope next week will be better, but I’m not counting on it. I’m also having a bit of reviewer burnout – I’m still reading, but I’m having trouble coming up with anything to say. I’m open to ideas on how to get over it! On the plus side, I managed to respond to about half of the 100 or so comments that I was behind on. I’m still catching up on visits, but I hope to finish up the replies this week.
Also on the plus side, music is finalized for my choruses, and everyone who has sung with us in the past has been emailed. I still need to do the publicity stuff – newspaper announcements, etc. We start next Sunday. I’m scrambling to find an accompanist because the wonderful woman who usually plays isn’t available this semester.
Is anybody planning to watch the full lunar eclipse tonight? I’m praying for good weather and cloud-free skies, but the forecast looks like cloudy with a chance of rain.
Last Week on the Blog
- Tues. 9/22/15: Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Fri. 9/25/15: Evergreen Springs (RaeAnne Thayne) (early review)
- Sat. 9/26/15: News & Notes – 9/26/15
- Sun. 9/27/15: Sunday Post – 9/27/15
Next Week on the Blog
- Mon. 9/28/15: Why I Read Banned Books
- Tues. 9/29/15: Ten Series To Try If You Love Agatha Christie (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 9/30/15: Quotes for Banned Books Week
- Wed. 9/30/15: Christmas in Mustang Creek (Linda Lael Miller) (review)
- – Fri. 10/02/15: A Thousand Nights (E. K. Johnston) (review)
- Sat. 10/03/15: News & Notes – 10/03/15
- Sun. 10/04/15: Sunday Post – 10/04/15
What I’m Reading/Watching
I finished Willow Brook Road (Sherryl Woods), Closer to Home (Mercedes Lackey), Romancing the Duke (Tessa Dare, and delightful), and, in a late-night comfort-reading binge, I reread First Test (Tamora Pierce.) I’m still working on Forever Your Earl (Eva Leigh) and Move Your Blooming Corpse (D. E. Ireland). And I’m still listening to The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern, read by Jim Dale.)
We watched Paddington early in the week, which was charming and funny and surprisingly true to the spirit of the books. I haven’t laughed so hard in weeks! We also squeezed two more ST:DS9 episodes and a Miss Marple (the 1990s ones with Joan Hickson), A Caribbean Mystery.
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads.
Purchased for Kindle