Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Favorite Movies/TV Shows.
These are all movies or shows I’ve watched more than once — favorites I return to, rather than necessarily “best” in a critical sense. (“Best” would generate a different list, though there would be some cross-overs.)
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- the Harry Potter movies (I can’t name a favorite. Prisoner of Azkaban comes close, though.)
- the original Star Wars trilogy (now Episodes IV, V, and VI). Especially The Empire Strikes Back
- The Sound of Music
- Henry V (the Kenneth Brannagh version)
- The Secret Garden (the one with Maggie Smith playing the housekeeper)
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (one of my comfort movies!)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Beauty and the Beast (or maybe Tangled or Aladdin, for the Genie)
I left it at nine, because there were about 15 movies vying for the 10th slot, and frankly, I couldn’t choose between them. Mary Poppins? Stardust? The King’s Speech? The Princess Bride? Hunt for Red October? Apollo 13? Fiddler on the Roof? The Wizard of Oz? Too many good ones and no way to narrow it down.
- Foyle’s War
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- the Miss Marple series starring Joan Hickson
- the Poirot mysteries with David Suchet
- both Lord Peter Wimsey series (one with Ian Carmichael, and one with Edward Petherbridge)
- West Wing
- Anne of Green Gables (TV movie)
Yes, that’s eleven, if you’re counting. I figured I saved one on the movies, so I added an extra to TV.
And in case you’re wondering why Dr Who isn’t on there, it’s because I’ve only just started watching it (I’m still in season 2), so it isn’t yet one I watch and rewatch. Give me a year or two, and it will probably turn up on the top ten!