I’ve signed up for the Clean Sweep ARC Challenge hosted by Kimba at The Caffeinated Reviewer and Angie at Angela’s Anxious Life! The challenge runs for the entire month of May, and there will be mini-challenges and a mid-month Twitter party just for fun.
Rules: Read ARCs between May 1 and May 31, 2014. You don’t have to post the full review on your blog, just link to your Goodreads review showing the book as read, with a one- or two-sentence review. (Helpful because some publishers don’t want advance reviews published too soon before the publication date.) Also, participate in some challenges, and the usual start-up post with goals. (You can read the entire list of rules by clicking on the button at the top.)
My goals: Read at least 8 ARCs during the month of May. Here are some of the titles I want to read, but of course I don’t know which new ARCs may come my way before the end of the challenge! I’m waiting to hear on three more ARCs I’ve already requested, and I’ll probably request a few more before May 30. (Some of these are forthcoming; a few are older ARCs I’m behind on.) ETA: The ones in red are the ones I really want to finish by the end of May, though I’ll be lucky to get through 10 of them.
ETA: I’m adding the date as I finish each one. Many of the reviews won’t post until after the challenge is over.
Death Runs Adrift (Karen MacInerney)(finished before May 1, so it doesn’t count)
- Murder at Honeychurch Hall (Hannah Dennison) – 5/12/14
- Deep Blue (Jennifer Donnelly)
- The Garden Plot (Marty Wingate)
- The Immortal Crown (Richelle Mead)
- The Late Scholar (Jill Paton Walsh)- 5/15/14
- The Beekeeper’s Ball (Susan Wiggs)
- Child of a Hidden Sea (A. M. Dellamonica)
- Until We Touch (Susan Mallery) – 5/07/14
- The Prime Minister’s Secret Agent (Susan Elia MacNeal)
- The Escape (Mary Balogh)
- The White Magic Five & Dime (Hockensmith & Falco)
- Alias Hook (Lisa Jensen)
- Of Merlot & Murder (Joni Folger)
- Under Cold Stone (Vicki Delany)
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry (Gabrielle Zevin)
- The Mark of the Dragonfly (Jaleigh Johnson)
- Relatively Dead (Sheila Connolly)