COYER Upside Down, Chapter 2
I’m joining the COYER Upside Down Chapter 3 challenge, hosted at Because Reading Is More Fun by Michelle, Berls, Lillian, and Stephanie. It runs from September 1 through December 31, and follows the strict rules that the very first COYER challenge did, 10 years ago.
- Every book you read MUST be in an electronic format – meaning eBook or Audiobook. It’s okay to start a book before September 1st, you must be less than half way for it to count then review it during COYER. (It’s also OK to read books in other formats, but they won’t count toward the challenge.)
- The books must be FREE or NEARLY FREE! This includes review books, tour books, NetGalley, Edelweiss, etc. What’s nearly free? No more than $5 for eBooks and no more than $7.50 for Audiobooks (or the equivalent in your currency). BUT you have to own the book! Library books, borrowed books, or Kindle Unlimited, Amazon Prime books, and Audible Plus Catalog books do not qualify.
- Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Mastodon, Hive, Instagram, TikTok, Goodreads, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER Winter (Chapter 3), maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER.
- Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the sign-up linky.
- Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (the same linky as Chapters 2 and 3). The format for your link title is on the review linky page.
- Follow & share reviews on Social Media. Use #COYER on your posts and look for others posting with the hashtag.
- Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun
My goal is to read and review 8 books between now and the end of the challenge. I know that doesn’t sound like much of a challenge, and from the reading point of view, it will be a piece of cake. It’s the reviews that always seem to get me; I’ve been having trouble with getting them written. Hopefully this challenge will encourage me to do better about writing and posting reviews.