COYER 2021 – Summer Season
In 2020, the COYER reading challenge went year-round. The resulting community and fellowship has done a lot to sustain me through the pandemic, so when Berls and Michelle decided to stick with the year-round format in 2021, but divide it into seasons, I was all in.
The Summer Season rules are the most relaxed, as befits the season. The season runs from July 1 through October 31. Any book format counts; any price point counts; any source counts. Basically, if it’s a book and you read it (or listen to it), you can count it. To participate, you must:
- Announce your participation in blog post or wherever you normally review books.
- Link that post in the Summer sign-up linky.
- Review the books you read, and link the reviews in the year-long COYER review linky. When you post your review to the linky use the following format: Your Name @ Blog (if applicable): Book Title. (For example, “Lark @ The Bookwyrm’s Hoard: Project Hail Mary”). Post your reviews by 12 noon EST on October 27th to be eligible for the Summer prize drawing. (The rules continue through Oct. 31, but any reviews posted after the 27th will count toward the Winter season’s drawing.)
- It’s also appreciated if you follow and share reviews on Twitter using the hashtag #COYER, and
- Visit and comment on other participants’ reviews.
In keeping with the relaxed theme of Summer COYER, I’m not setting a specific goal… except to do a better job of actually writing and posting reviews!