Two More Challenges for 2022
I am adding two more challenges for 2022. I had forgotten to sign up for the Audiobook Challenge, and the second is an informal challenge inspired by an Instagram tag.
The Audiobook Challenge 2022 is hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer and That’s What I’m Talking About. The rules are pretty basic: create a sign-up post and link it, try to listen to more audiobooks than you did last year, and check in with the updates in July and December. Rereads count, and any genre is fine.
I listened to ten books last year (well, technically I suppose it was 9.75, since I did read part of one of the books when the library snatched the audiobook away from me mid-listen.) So my goal this year is a modest increase: I will try to listen to 11 books this year, which puts me in the “Stenographer” category (“can listen while multitasking”) of 10-15 books.
22 in 2022
22 in 2022 is an informal challenge (as far as I know.) Or at least, I am doing it informally! I came across it as an Instagram tag, #22in2022, and decided that it was a good way to keep track of the books I own and really want or need to read this year.
The titles I chose are an eclectic mix. Over half of them were gifts to me, either in 2021 or earlier. My family members have begun to complain that I don’t always read the books they give me, so this year, I am determined to prioritize the books I was given! The remaining books are either titles I bought or titles that Robin strongly recommended to me — or both, in several cases. I need to read at least two per month to complete the challenge. (As of today, Jan. 22, I have already read two of them, so I am on track.)
The photo only shows the 17 physical books in my possession. The remaining five titles I own in Kindle and/or audio format. All 22 titles are listed below, alphabetically by author (and in series order, if there are more than one in a series.) Note: I will update this periodically with the books I have read. The last update was July 31, 2022.)
- Hole in One (C. Aird) – gift – read
- Inheritance Tracks (C. Aird) – gift – read
- A Stitch in Time (K. Armstrong) – gift – read
- A Twist of Fate (K. Armstrong) – gift
- Silverwolf (J. Bedford)
- Murphy’s Law (R. Bowen) – gift – reading
- Death of Riley (R. Bowen) – gift
- Death of an Avid Reader (F. Brody) – gift
- A Death in the Dales (F. Brody) – gift
- The Raven Heir (S. Burgis)
- The Nutcracker (A. Dumas) – gift
- Index, A History of the (D. Duncan) – read
- Spin the Dawn (E. Lim)
- Unravel the Dusk (E. Lim) – gift
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse (C. MacKesy) – gift
- A Mass for the Dead (S. McDuffie) – gift
- Every Heart a Doorway (S. McGuire) – listened
- The Starless Sea (E. Morgenstern) – gift
- The Tea Dragon Festival (K. O’Neill)
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue (V. E. Schwab) – read
- A Darker Shade of Magic (V. E. Schwab)
- Hobbit Virtues (C. Snyder) – gift