1. HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5′ 1″ (plus a quarter inch or so)
2. DO YOU HAVE A HIDDEN TALENT? IF SO, WHAT? My mind is a trove of trivia. Our daughter Robin calls me Google – when she’s not calling me IMDB! In a more conventional vein, I sing – classical, show tunes, and folk. I’m a lyric soprano.
3. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST BLOG-RELATED PET PEEVE? Hmmmm… Too many cover reveals and promos and not enough reviews and discussions.
4. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST NON-BLOG RELATED PET-PEEVE? Intolerance and lack of compassion.
5. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SONG? Asking a singer to name her favorite song is like asking an avid reader to name her favorite book! But here’s one of my current favorites:
6. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ETSY SHOP? To be honest, I don’t go on Etsy enough to have one! When I do go, I’m usually looking for something pretty specific.
7. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO SPEND YOUR FREE TIME WHEN YOU’RE ALONE? Reading, of course! Also singing and knitting (not at the same time.)
8. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE JUNK FOOD? CHOCOLATE! This would be me, if I didn’t have to worry about calories:
9. DO YOU HAVE PETS? Yes – two cats, Tasha (tortoiseshell) and Thomas (black-and-white.) Tasha is high-strung and tends to demand attention. Thomas spends almost all of his time sleeping.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE FICTION AND NON-FICTION BOOKS? Now what did I say about asking an avid reader to name her favorite book? Oh, OK, here are just a few fiction faves:
11. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCT? Besides a good night’s sleep? Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum.
12. WHEN WERE YOU LAST EMBARRASSED? Yesterday. But not very.
13. IF YOU COULD DRINK ONE BEVERAGE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Water, because it goes with everything. Tea (herbal or decaf black) would be my second choice.
14. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? Over my entire lifetime, probably Winnie the Pooh. Right now? The Lord of the Rings (which I count as one 12-hour-long movie.)
15. WHAT WERE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL? PROM QUEEN, NERD, CHEERLEADER, JOCK, VALEDICTORIAN, BAND GEEK, LONER, ARTIST, ETC? Theater and music geek, English nerd, and faculty kid. (My mom, stepdad, uncle, and aunt were all teachers at my school. Private school, so yes, I had classes with all of them.)
16. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD YOU LIVE? England. Or maybe Scotland, at least in the summers. Or in the mountains, but not too far from civilization. Internet access, a good grocery store, and proximity to a good hospital are a must. But my first choice would be wherever my extended family are.
17. PC OR MAC? Oh, PC for sure.
18. LAST ROMANTIC GESTURE FROM A CRUSH, DATE, BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND? Several! My husband and I went out to dinner a week or two ago; that’s the most recent. And he sends me flowers whenever we’re apart for more than a few days.
19. FAVORITE CELEBRITY? In what way? I admire Emma Watson for speaking up and taking a stand on women’s issues. I have huge admiration for authors who use their position to advocate and even fundraise for important issues ranging from women’s issues, diversity, and inclusion (Jim C. Hines, Tamora Pierce, Seanan McGuire) to world hunger (Patrick Rothfuss and his Worldbuilders organization) to all kinds of things (John Green.)
20. WHICH BLOGGER DO YOU SECRETLY WANT TO BE BEST FRIENDS WITH? I have to pick just one? That’s impossible! Let’s see… Katherine P., Jan; Bea, Kimba, Berls – and I apologize to everyone else because I’d really love to be friends with you, too, but the question asked for one answer and I already gave five!