1. HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5′ 1″ (plus a quarter inch or so)
2. DO YOU HAVE A HIDDEN TALENT? IF SO, WHAT? My mind is a trove of trivia. Our daughter Robin calls me Google – when she’s not calling me IMDB! In a more conventional vein, I sing – classical, show tunes, and folk. I’m a lyric soprano.
3. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST BLOG-RELATED PET PEEVE? Hmmmm… Too many cover reveals and promos and not enough reviews and discussions.
4. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST NON-BLOG RELATED PET-PEEVE? Intolerance and lack of compassion.
5. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SONG? Asking a singer to name her favorite song is like asking an avid reader to name her favorite book! But here’s one of my current favorites:
6. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ETSY SHOP? To be honest, I don’t go on Etsy enough to have one! When I do go, I’m usually looking for something pretty specific.
7. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO SPEND YOUR FREE TIME WHEN YOU’RE ALONE? Reading, of course! Also singing and knitting (not at the same time.)
8. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE JUNK FOOD? CHOCOLATE! This would be me, if I didn’t have to worry about calories:
9. DO YOU HAVE PETS? Yes – two cats, Tasha (tortoiseshell) and Thomas (black-and-white.) Tasha is high-strung and tends to demand attention. Thomas spends almost all of his time sleeping.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE FICTION AND NON-FICTION BOOKS? Now what did I say about asking an avid reader to name her favorite book? Oh, OK, here are just a few fiction faves:
11. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCT? Besides a good night’s sleep? Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum.
12. WHEN WERE YOU LAST EMBARRASSED? Yesterday. But not very.
13. IF YOU COULD DRINK ONE BEVERAGE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Water, because it goes with everything. Tea (herbal or decaf black) would be my second choice.
14. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE? Over my entire lifetime, probably Winnie the Pooh. Right now? The Lord of the Rings (which I count as one 12-hour-long movie.)
15. WHAT WERE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL? PROM QUEEN, NERD, CHEERLEADER, JOCK, VALEDICTORIAN, BAND GEEK, LONER, ARTIST, ETC? Theater and music geek, English nerd, and faculty kid. (My mom, stepdad, uncle, and aunt were all teachers at my school. Private school, so yes, I had classes with all of them.)
16. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD YOU LIVE? England. Or maybe Scotland, at least in the summers. Or in the mountains, but not too far from civilization. Internet access, a good grocery store, and proximity to a good hospital are a must. But my first choice would be wherever my extended family are.
17. PC OR MAC? Oh, PC for sure.
18. LAST ROMANTIC GESTURE FROM A CRUSH, DATE, BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND? Several! My husband and I went out to dinner a week or two ago; that’s the most recent. And he sends me flowers whenever we’re apart for more than a few days.
19. FAVORITE CELEBRITY? In what way? I admire Emma Watson for speaking up and taking a stand on women’s issues. I have huge admiration for authors who use their position to advocate and even fundraise for important issues ranging from women’s issues, diversity, and inclusion (Jim C. Hines, Tamora Pierce, Seanan McGuire) to world hunger (Patrick Rothfuss and his Worldbuilders organization) to all kinds of things (John Green.)
20. WHICH BLOGGER DO YOU SECRETLY WANT TO BE BEST FRIENDS WITH? I have to pick just one? That’s impossible! Let’s see… Katherine P., Jan; Bea, Kimba, Berls – and I apologize to everyone else because I’d really love to be friends with you, too, but the question asked for one answer and I already gave five!
I TAG: I Wish I Lived in a Library; Fantasy is More Fun; Notes from a Readerholic
Katherine @ I Wish I Lived in a Library
So if you get the castle I’m coming to stay with you for a few days! I love Emma Watson (that’s actually why Emma’s called Emma. Her name isn’t Emma in real life but she reminds me a bit of Emma Watson). Thanks for the tag and the mention! Made my day! This is definitely a fun way to get to know everyone. I’m planning to have mine up next week!
Katherine @ I Wish I Lived in a Library recently posted…The Monogram Murders – Review
You do what I do – give your child(ren) “blog names”! Robin isn’t really Robin. We actually discussed calling her Hermione, because she’s very like Hermione in many ways, but we went with Robin to stay with the bird theme (Lark, Robin… Why birds in a blog that’s named for a dragon? Because I sing, I guess.)
This was fun to do – I can’t wait to read yours! 🙂
R_Hunt @ View From My Home
Ha, so much fun to read all these details about one of my fave bloggers and blogs! I wish I had the same exact taste in reading as you because you are a font of titles and suggestions, but maybe sometime I will pick up more of your books to give them a fair shake.
Thanks for sharing your “deets” with your blogger friends 🙂 Can’t wait to see what the others say.
R_Hunt @ View From My Home recently posted…“Books in the News” Anagram Puzzles
Sorry Rita – I thought I replied to this yesterday, but apparently it didn’t “take”. I’m glad you enjoyed reading the post, and thank you for the “fave” – that makes me so happy! As for reading taste – for me, part of the fun of doing this (blogging and reading other blogs) is that we all have different tastes. I love it that other bloggers have tempted me to try books I might not have picked up otherwise! 🙂
Tabitha (Not Yet Read)
I love seeing get to know the bigger type posts. Chocolate is an excellent favorite junk food and yes water please!
Tabitha (Not Yet Read) recently posted…Tour & Giveaway: How do you take your fantasy? One Lump or Two?
Chocolate – yum! I just wish it didn’t come with all the sugar and calories.
I love learning a little more about you, Lark. And I love that castle. Scotland is on my list of places I want to visit. Not sure about living there, but maybe! I totally agree about living close to extended family. And the need for good internet, hospitals and grocery stores!
Also agree about chocolate…so good!
Jan recently posted…Review: Foxglove Summer by Ben Aaronovitch
That castle is a hotel – I would love to stay there! Preferably in the summer; late May is gorgeous in the Highlands, because the wild rhododendron are in bloom. Glad you enjoyed the post!
Oh man, I went almost an entire year listening to virtually nothing but Wicked. Great choice! And great answers all around 🙂
Liza Barrett recently posted…Blog Tour & Giveaway: Dark Pleasures Trilogy by Julie Kenner
My daughter introduced me to the show, and last year, we took her to see it for her birthday. It was amazing!
anna (herding cats & burning soup)
Aw pretty herd babes 🙂 I’m with you on the cover reveals/spotlights being too heavy.
anna (herding cats & burning soup) recently posted…Word from the Herd: Are there just *too* many books? What’s keeping YOU from buying more books?
I thought you’d like that photo! Yes, I’d rather read the blogger’s thoughts on a book than the publicity stuff. I can get that from Goodreads and Amazon.
Wow Lark, I’m glad you did this. We have a lot in common. But I’m not a soprano…I do like to sing, however. 😉 Wicked has been a fav for ~7 years. I took my oldest to see it on a trip to Chicago. It was fantastic! We like the same movies…I love James Herriot…my brain stores all manner of useless information 😉 and I’d love to be blogging besties with some of the same bloggers, too. OH, and I’m 5′ 1″. LOL
I hope things are going well with you. Enjoy the rest of your week. 🙂
Bookworm Brandee recently posted…#ShelfLove ~ My *ahem* Book Buying Budget
Oh, good, another bookish “kindred spirit”! We do sound a lot alike. I love making friends through blogging. 🙂