Hurray, it’s fall! Break out the handknit socks! Seriously, I love this time of year. I love the turning leaves, the cool crisp air, and the excuse to cozy up in lovely warm knits.
It’s been a busy week. I’m still making progress in learning to work with WordPress and do more HTML. And I’ve gotten somewhat caught up on posts – I’ve got posts scheduled through Oct. 20 (except the Saturday and Sunday ones.) I also spent a good part of Saturday running around (virtually) and commenting on blogs I hadn’t visited in a while, which was a lot of fun. That’s the good news; the bad is that I’m behind on several other things, including indexing.
I’ve noticed a few of the blogs I follow have stopped posting just in the last month or two. It’s the first time any of the blogs I check in on regularly have gone on hiatus without announcing why, and it’s got me a little worried. I hope that the bloggers involved are just really busy with other things, and not sick or dealing with a crisis – or even just sick and tired of blogging.
Another weird thing – all of a sudden, I can’t comment on some (or all?) Blogger blogs that use IntenseDebate. Not even as a guest. When I press the comment button, I get nada, zilch, zip. It’s as if the plugin is broken, but other people seem to be commenting. I’ve rebooted my computer, updated everything I can think of, and nothing helps. So if I haven’t commented on your brilliant reviews recently, and you fit that category – my apologies, and I’ve been trying!
This coming Friday night, I’m headed to the massive biennial booksale at the library. I know, I know – I don’t need any more books, right? I will try to be sensible this time!
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon., 10/06/14: Wouldn’t It Be Deadly, by D. E. Ireland (review)
- Tues., 10/07/14: Top Ten Character-Driven Novels (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed., 10/08/14: In the Dragon’s Eye: Blood Magick
- Fri., 10/10/14: Yarn Over Murder, by Maggie Sefton (review)
- Sat., 10/11/14: News & Notes – 10/11/14
This Week on the Blog
- Tues., 10/14/14: Top Ten Places Books Make Me Want to Visit (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed., 10/15/14: TOUR: The Laws of Murder, by Charles Finch (review, guest post, and giveaway!)
- Thur., 10/16/14: Penumbra, by Keri Arthur (review)
- Fri., 10/17/14: A Dangerous Talent, by Charlotte & Aaron Elkins (review)
- Sat., 10/18/14: News & Notes – 10/18/14
New Additions to the Hoard
Many thanks to Kensington Books and Harlequin!
Bought or Free for Kindle:
Borrowed from the library:
That’s it for this week! Happy reading!