The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
I spent most of the week getting my hindquarters kicked by my current indexing project. OK, it’s not that bad — the book itself is interesting — but it’s very long and every concept is related to at least three others, so it’s challenging to index. And I wish I had at least another week… but that will be the week my daughter is on spring break, and I’d rather not be working while she’s here. So I will be working a lot this week while my husband is on travel. I’ve got a few reviews saved up for this week and next, but don’t expect to see me around the blogosphere much. Sorry! I’ll miss you guys, and I’ll be back in a week or two, I promise.
I am taking some time out from working over the weekend. Mr. Bookwyrm took me to a Kathy Mattea concert in D.C. last night. She was wonderful! And my choruses start rehearsing this afternoon for the spring concert. I’ve been missing my kids, and I can’t wait to get started.
Last week on the blog:
- Mon. 2/24: The Time Tutor, by Bee Ridgway (early review & giveaway) – The giveaway ends TONIGHT, so don’t forget to enter!
- Tues. 2/25: Gender in fiction
- Wed. 2/26: Happy birthday Dr. Seuss! And Read Across America Day. Well, OK, they’re on Sunday and Monday, respectively, but you can’t celebrate them if you’re not prepared!
- Thur. 2/27: Curtsies & Conspiracies, by Gail Carriger (review)
- Fri. 2/28: Getting-started post for the Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge
- Sat. 3/01: News & Notes – 2/22/14
The coming week:
TBD, but probably reviews of The Dark Witch by Nora Roberts and A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd.
Added to the hoard:
(Click image for Goodreads page.)
Kindle books, purchased and free:
Gifted or Won:
Have a great week!