The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
This is going to be a very busy week coming up. I’ve got to finish an indexing project and start another one. And my choruses have their concert next Sunday, so I’ve got a lot to do to get ready: prepare and print the program, get the last-minute publicity out, and make sure I’m really confident with the music. The kids are doing well, but there’s still some polishing to do at today’s rehearsal! It will come together; it always does!
With all that going on, it may take me a little while to get to your comments this week, so please be patient with me!
Mr. Bookwyrm and I have been watching old West Wing episodes for about 6 months now. We recently finished Season 6, so there’s only one more to go. The uncanny thing is how relevant it still is, a decade or so later: deficit fights, government shut-downs, partisan fights… Even the issues have hardly changed; West Wing dealt with health care, gun control, education reform, energy policy, trade policy, and a lot of the other issues we’re still grappling with as a country. I’ve been enjoying the show, but when we’re done with it, I’m ready for something really different. It’s either going to be Doctor Who or Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. (Probably both!)
The Clean Sweep ARC Challenge started Thursday; it runs through May. I’ve already started the first ARC on my list. I’d be finished with it, too — if my Kindle hadn’t run out of battery last night! Fortunately I had a backup book (an old favorite) on my nightstand.
Happy Star Wars Day, and May the Fourth be with you!
Last week on the blog:
- Mon. 4/28/14: The Princesses I Know (Ayla Mae Wild) — children’s picture book review
- Wed. 4/30/14: Clean Sweep ARC Challenge sign-up/goals
- Fri. 5/02/14: Elemental Magic, edited by Mercedes Lackey — review
- Sat. 5/03/14: News & Notes – 5/03/14 — HarperCollins to buy Harlequin; To Kill A Mockingbird coming to your ereader; the BookCon-troversy over diversity (and the lack thereof); Edgar Awards; the extended TFIOS trailer; and more goodies!
The coming week:
- Sat. 5/10/14: News & Notes – 5/10/14
- Reviews and other posts TBD – it depends partly on which ARCs I get read and whether I can post them yet, or need to pull something out of the treasure chest.
New additions to the hoard:
(Cover links go to Goodreads)
Bought for My Kindle: