I didn’t do a Sunday Post last weekend, because we flew across the country to see Robin and attend the dance concert of her choreography class – which was wonderful! The choreography was amazing, the dancers were wonderful, and it was so good to see Robin in her element: at a school she loves and with her close friends. I was very busy with indexing this week to make up for the time I was away, but it was totally worth it!
In blog news: I’ve been slowly working on my ARCs for a while now, and I finally got my NetGalley percentage up from a low of around 60% last summer to 72% as of today – the highest it’s ever been! I’m aiming for 85%. One thing that means is being more willing to say “this book isn’t working for me” and let the publisher know I won’t be reviewing it. (I’m also being a lot more careful about what I request.)
The Last Two Weeks on the Blog
- Mon. 4/27/15: Treasures from the Hoard: A City of Bells, by Elizabeth Goudge (review)
- Tues. 4/28/15: Top Ten Books Featuring Musicians (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 4/29/15: Treasures from the Hoard Pilgrim’s Inn, by Elizabeth Goudge (review)
- Sat. 5/02/15: News & Notes – 5/02/15
- Mon. 5/04/15: Henrietta Who? by Catherine Aird (review)
- Tues. 5/05/15: Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 5/06/15: Deadly Desires at Honeychurch Hall, by Hannah Dennison (review)
- Thurs. 5/07/15: The Daring Exploits of a Runaway Heiress, by Victoria Alexander (review)
- Sat. 5/09/15: News & Notes – 5/09/15
Next Week on the Blog
- Mon. 5/11/15: (TBD)
- Tues. 5/12/15: Ten Authors I Really Want to Meet (Top Ten Tuesday) (tentative)
- Wed. 5/13/15: (TBD)
- Thurs. 5/14/15: (TBD)
- Fri. 5/15/15: Valiant by Sarah McGuire
- Sat. 5/16/15: News & Notes – 5/16/15 (tentative)
New Additions to the Hoard
Many, many thanks to DAW & Bloomsbury – I am so excited for these!
Purchased for Kindle
Besides these, I picked up about 12 of Margery Allingham’s Albert Campion mysteries, currently on sale through the Kindle Big Deal for 99 cents each (US$).
I’ve read Spindle’s End and Princess of the Silver Woods before, and a few of the Campions; they’re for my “portable” library. The others are new to me. All of them were on sale at Amazon, and some probably still are.
Purchased in Print
From the Library
Aaagh! About 15 holds came in all at once (because I forgot to extend the “suspend until” date). I’m not even going to list them all because I know I won’t get to read them all before they’re due. But here are the ones I really hope to read:
- Shadow Scale (Rachel Hartman) – I have an e-ARC but I’m finding I want to flip back to previous chapters
- Mark of the Thief (Jennifer A. Nielsen) – my e-ARC was almost unreadable due to line numbers in every line
- At Wolf Ranch (Jennifer Ryan)
- Death by Cashmere (Sally Goldenbaum)
- The Castle Behind Thorns (Merrie Haskell)
- Wildwood (Colin Meloy)
Have a great week, everybody, and happy reading!