The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Robin is coming home tomorrow! I can hardly wait! It will be so wonderful to have her home for the summer. Well, for most of it. She got into the Alpha writer’s workshop again (huzzah! We’re so delighted for her!) so she’ll be gone for about 10 days in late July, but other than that, we get the whole summer. We’re already planning to go see TFIOS together, and How To Train Your Dragon 2, which looks like as much fun as the first one was.
Last week’s concert was terrific. I was very proud of my young singers, and of our three graduating seniors, who all performed solos (one vocal, two piano) and sounded amazing.
Since Sunday, things have been pretty quiet, which was good because I wasn’t as over my cold as I thought. (Must have been adrenaline that got me through last weekend’s rehearsal and concert.) This week, I’ve concentrated on resting and catching up on things that slipped through the cracks in the previous weeks, including some reading and blogging. Tomorrow, though, it’s back to work at my day job — another indexing project — before heading to the airport to pick up Robin.
Last week on the blog:
- Tues. 5/13/14: Books I almost put down – but didn’t – Top Ten Tuesday post
- Wed. 5/14/14: TOUR: Death Runs Adrift (Karen MacInerney) – review, guest post, & giveaway!
- Thur. 5/15/14: Clean Sweep ARC Challenge update – midway post
- Fri. 5/16:14: Dreamweaver Trail (Emily March) – review
- Sat. 5/17/14: News & Notes – 5/17/14 – Dracula castle for sale, Shakespeare’s dictionary, Locus Awards, and more.
The coming week:
- Mon. 5/19/14: Before We Kiss (Susan Mallery) – review
- Tues. 5/20/14: Top Ten Books About Friendship – Top Ten Tuesday
- Thur. 5/22/14: Murder at Honeychurch Hall (Hannah Dennison) – review
- Sat. 5/24/14: News & Notes – 5/24/14
New additions to the hoard:
(Cover links go to Goodreads)