It was a kind of up-and-down week. I’m still trying to catch up on everything. I went back to the doctor for my wrist and he gave me a cortisone shot, which resulted in the darn thing hurting a lot more than it was before (at least temporarily. It’s feeling almost back to its pre-shot condition now.) That’s been frustrating, because it means I can’t knit and I can’t do as much on the computer. Still, thanks to Dragon voice-recognition software, I managed to get some reviews done.
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 8/31/15: The Hidden (Heather Graham) (review)
- Tues. 9/01/15: August 2015 Challenge Update
- Wed. 9/02/15: My first Avon Addicts box arrived! (photo)
- Thurs. 9/03/15: Rescued by the Ranger (Dixie Lee Brown) (review)
- Fri. 9/04/15: The Fleet Street Murders (Charles Finch) (review)
- Sat. 9/05/15: News & Notes – 9/05/15
- Sun. 9/06/15: Sunday Post – 9/06/15 (this post)
Next Week on the Blog
- Mon. 9/07/15: Named of the Dragon (Susanna Kearsley) (review)
- Tues. 9/08/15: Ten Finished Series I Have Yet to Finish (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 9/09/15: When a Scot Ties the Knot (Tessa Dare) (review)
- Thurs. 9/10/15: TOUR: Threads of Evidence (Lea Wait) (review)
- Fri. 9/11/15: Serafina and the Black Cloak (Robert Beatty) (review)
- Sat. 9/12/15: News & Notes – 9/12/15
- Sun. 9/13/15: Sunday Post – 9/13/15
What I’m Reading/Watching
Last Sunday night, I devoured Emily March’s Heartsong Cottage in a single sitting. Since then, I’ve been reading Hunter (Mercedes Lackey) and Only a Kiss (Mary Balogh.) I also read The Nesting Place: It Doesn’t Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful, a book on decorating your home by Myquillyn Smith, which I found very inspirational even though my style (whatever it is) is very different from hers (lots of white and painted wood.) In fact, I liked enough that I ordered a copy for myself.
In honor of the start of the Hogwarts fall term, we rewatched the first three Harry Potter movies this week… which I suppose means we’ll have to rewatch the rest of them as well! Paddington arrived from Netflix last night, so we’ll probably watch that sometime this week.
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads.
Many thanks to HarperCollins and Harlequin! (And thank goodness three of these don’t come out until 2016!)
From Avon (#AvonAddicts)
Books to give away and books to read! Including most (9 of 11) of the Pennyroyal Green series by Julie Anne Long, which I’ve been wanting to read.
Purchased for Kindle