The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures – I mean books!
Friday night, Mr. Bookwyrm and I went to see Sister Act (the musical) at the local dinner theater. The musical is a lot of fun – similar to the movie, but with some changes to the setting and time period, and with totally different music. The performances were strong, especially the woman who played Deloris (an actress brought in to play this part.) (And no, that’s not a typo; that’s how the character’s name is spelled.) Dinner was delicious, and we had a wonderful time. Yesterday, we went to a St. Crispin’s Day bonfire/picnic/party held annually by friends of ours – another fun day!
My birthday is this week, and I have a ton of work to do also, so it will be a mix of fun and hard slogging. But I’m hoping to make at least a little more progress on the Blog Ahead Challenge. So far I have 15 posts scheduled for Nov. 1 and beyond. Three of them are reviews of older books that I can keep in the vault until needed. I’d like to get to 20 scheduled posts by the end of this month, but we’ll see. This week’s posts are a bit up in the air, too – I have some reviews to write tonight and tomorrow for books I read recently, and hopefully I’ll post a few of those. Otherwise, I’ll pull something out of the vault.
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 10/19: Hunter (Mercedes Lackey) – review
- Tues. 10/20: Ten Wishes For the Book Genie – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 10/21: In the Dragon’s Eye: Manners & Mutiny – Waiting on Wednesday
- Thurs. 10/22: Monster and Book: Dragons With Lark – guest post over at Because Reading
- Sat. 10/24: News & Notes – 10/24/15
- Sun. 10/25: Sunday Post – 10/25/15 – this post
This Week on the Blog
- Mon. 10/26: Heart Mate (Robin D. Owen) – review
- Tues. 10/27: Halloween Reading That Won’t Give You Nightmares – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 10/28: HoHoHo Readathon — Goals
- Wed. 10/28: In the Dragon’s Eye: Stars of Fortune – Waiting on Wednesday
- Thurs. 10/29: Newt’s Emerald (Garth Nix) – review
- Fri. 10/30: TBD
- Sat. 10/31: News & Notes – 10/31/15
- Sun. 11/01: Sunday Post – 11/01/15
What I’m Reading/Watching
I’ve been listening to The Night Circus occasionally. I read Home by Nightfall (Charles Finch) and Marry Me at Christmas (Susan Mallery), both of which I really enjoyed. I’m nearly finished with Best Worst Mistake (Lia Riley), which is light and fun.
I took a break from season 6 of Star Trek: Deep Space 9 to continue watching the Lord Peter Wimsey/Harriet Vane series with Edward Petherbridge and Harriet Walter, which I started the previous week. So far, I’ve watched Strong Poison (3 episodes) and Have His Carcase (4 episodes.) I’ll probably watch Gaudy Night this week, unless I throw in a few (unscary) Halloween movies like The Canterville Ghost.
New Additions to the Hoard
Nothing this week!
Purchased for Kindle
Have a great week, everybody, and happy reading!