I’m signing up for the the Take Control of Your TBR Challenge hosted by Kimberly the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. The rules are pretty simple:
- Link up!
- Create a Goals/Updates/Results post. (That’s this post, in my case.)
- Begins March 1, 2017, at midnight, and ends at 11:59 pm on March 31, 2017.
- Read/listen to books from your TBR pile.
- Books have to have been published before March 1, 2017. (Older ARCs are OK, as long as the book has already been published.)
- No novellas, only full-length books.
- Post a review to Goodreads or your blog, and link it to the Rafflecopter on Kimberly’s post for an entry.
There’s more information about a Read-a-thon and a Twitter party and when the Rafflecopter closes — head on over to Kimberly’s site and check out all the details.
The idea is not to read anything else during the challenge, just stuff from your TBR pile. I’ll be honest; I can’t quite manage that. I already know there will be a few ARCs that I will have to read during that time in order to make a tour date. But I’m going to try to read as much from my TBR pile as I can. That’s pile, not list — as in, I have the book in my possession.
My goal is 10 books from my TBR pile. That’s actually an ambitious goal for me, given that I usually do about 40-50% rereading (which doesn’t count) and I’ll have about 5 ARCs to get through as well. Finding books will be no problem; I’ve got about a gazillion unread books on my Kindle, 2 bookcases full of books I’ve picked up at library sales, and a shelf of books I’ve been given or won. I mean, we’re talking TBR mountain, here!
Wish me luck!