The Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon is exactly what it sounds like: a challenge to read books from your TBR pile, whether that pile is physical or virtual. ARCs, audiobooks, paperbacks—they all count.
About the Read-a-thon
- From Monday, September 12th, to Monday, September 26th, wrap-up on the 27th
- Sign up in the linky below (you must be signed up and then post a final update at the end of the RAT to be eligible for the giveaways.
- Participate from anywhere. If via the Goodreads group, put “Goodreads & Name” in the linky. If via commenting on Tressa’s blog, put “Commenting & Name” in the linky.
- Read anything. Comics, print books, ebooks, ARCs audiobooks, in any genre
- There is not requirement for how much you read. Read as much as you can, even if that’s one book.
- You can sign up through September 24th.
- Tressa, the host, will be posting daily updates. You are not required to do the same, but please feel free to leave your update in comments to hers.
RememberHashtag: #TackleTBRTag Tressa on Twitter: @TresShermTag Tressa on Instagram @WishfulEndingsJoin the Goodreads group here
- Read 6 books during the Read-a-thon.
- At least 2 of them should not be ARCs.
- At a minimum, write review notes or a rough draft for each book read.
I’ve got plenty of books to choose from. Here are some of the books at the top of my list:
UPDATE (9/27/16) Darn it, this challenge was pretty much a bust for me. I’ve been too much of a mood reader recently, and I just wasn’t able to make myself stick to TBR books the way I’d hoped. It’s weird, because the previous week, I plowed through four or five of them. But I only finished one of the books pictured above, Christmas in Eternity Springs. (In the case of Hamilton: The Revolution, it wasn’t for lack of trying; it was due back to the library before I finished it.)
My Goals: I did actually read more than 6 books during the Read-a-thon; they just weren’t TBR books. Instead, I re-read old favorites, something I tend to binge on when I’m under stress. The one I did read was an ARC. And I didn’t write the reviews for any of them yet. I’m labeling this a FAIL.