I’m signing up for the Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge!
It’s hosted by Kimberly at The Caffeinated Reviewer, and it runs from March 1 through March 31. Basically, you can read anything in your TBR pile that was published before March 1, 2018. So I can read books for The Backlist Reader Challenge and ARCs I got behind on. If you’re a blogger, you don’t have to post your full review in March; a few sentences on Goodreads are enough.
My goal is to read 6 qualifying books during March. Normally that would be easy, but given that I’ve got some April releases to read, plus a lot of freelance work scheduled, I think I’ll find it enough of a challenge. I’m leaving the actual title choices to my whim of the moment. 🙂
Here are the formal rules. You can sign up and link here (or just click the challenge logo above.) The sign-up link closes on Friday, so don’t delay if you want to join in!
- Link-up! This is open to everyone. If you do not have a blog then link a shelf entitled Take Control 2018 from your Goodreads account. It is a good idea to friend Kimberly if your shelves are private.
- Create a Goals/Updates/Results post (can be combined) It can also be a shelf created on Goodreads. Be sure to friend me, so I can see it. Friend me: Kimberly
- Begins midnight March 1st, 2018 and ends March 31, 2018, at 11:59 pm.
- Read/listen to books from your TBR pile.
- ALL books/audios must have been published before March 1, 2018. I don’t care where you got them, so old ARCS count.
- Post a review to Goodreads, or your blog then add the URL link it to the Rafflecopter for an entry. ( These can be a mini review. Just one or two sentences)
- You can combine events, challenges etc.
- Page count must be over 100 pages to qualify.
- The rafflecopter will only allow you to enter up to two books daily, so update as soon as you finish a book.
- Use hashtag #TakeControlTBR
- Twitter Party March 11th @ 2:30 pm (CST) Come chat about books you have read and win prizes.
- Earn extra entries for participating in the Twitter Party
- Rafflecopter will close on April 2, 2018, at midnight and a winner will be chosen within 72 hours. Open internationally as long as Book Depository ships to you. Prize: New 2018 release valued at up to 20 US dollars or 1 Audiobook Credit from Audiobooks.com. I will do pre-orders as well. (may request eBook copy from Amazon or B&N)
Books Read (so far)
- First Kiss of Spring (Emily March) (Goodreads review)
- Lost and Found Sisters (Jill Shalvis)
- Cat of the Baskervilles (Vicki Delany)
- A Scandal in Battersea (Mercedes Lackey)
- Tempests and Slaughter (Tamora Pierce)
- The Woman in the Water (Charles Finch)
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Ian Fleming; read by David Tennant)
Sound like fun! I’ve got a pretty busy March and so won’t be joining in the fun, but I’ll be cheering you on!
Nicole recently posted…Sunday Summary ~ 25 February 2018
When I saw this challenge I did the happy dance, then I cringed because I know there’s no way on earth I’ll be able to get through my massive pile. It’s literally in the hundreds and I keep adding to it.(lol) I am going to try to get through it in the next few years or so.(lol) Hugs…and Happy Tuesday! RO
RO recently posted…STUFF YOU DON’T REALLY NEED TO KNOW & A TREAT
Oh, I have no illusions of getting through my TBR pile in a year, let along the month of the challenge! But hopefully I can remember to focus on a few books I wanted or needed to read and didn’t get around to.
Good luck, Lark. Hope it helps to reduce the TBR mountain! ?
Have fun and good luck!