News & Notes is a weekly Saturday post featuring book- and publishing-related news, links to interesting articles and opinion pieces, and other cool stuff
- The National Book Award finalists were announced. The winners will be announced tomorrow (Oct. 14, 2018.)
- The deadline to vote for ‘The Great American Read’ is October 18 at 11:59 pm PT. If you’ve been following the series (or even if you haven’t), make sure you cast your ballot before then. (PBS)
- ‘Get Caught Reading’ Campaign Revived by Every Child a Reader (Publishers Weekly)
- New York Comic Con: A Guide to [Publishers Weekly’s] coverage
- Growing Up in the Library (Susan Orlean, for New Yorker magazine)
Book & Movie Announcements
Really Cool / Just for Fun
- Pizza Hut’s ‘Little Free Libraries’ Look Exactly Like Mini Pizza Huts. (Atlas Obscura) Pizza Hut has a history of supporting literacy.
That’s it for this week!