News & Notes – 10/26/2019
- One Neat Trick to Writing Great Mystery Plots (Charles Finch, Vulture) Finch is the author of one of my favorite historical mystery series; he’s also a perceptive professional reviewer. This article isn’t just about a “neat trick” for writing plots. More broadly, it’s about literary writers, mystery authors, and the mystery genre.
- Dear Europe: letters from JK Rowling, Neil Gaiman, Mary Beard and more (The Guardian)
- How the internet is changing language as we know it (ikr lol) (Richard Godwin, The Guardian)
- The Evolution of Dragons in Western Literature: A History (Yvonne Shiau, Tor.com) This is an essay, but also a list of recommended dragon books. Don’t skip the comments, as there are a lot of good additions/recommendations there. And if you need more recs, check out my Dragon Books Masterlist.)
- Will Robots Make The Next Big Bestsellers? (Jason Boog, Publishers Weekly)