- One Neat Trick to Writing Great Mystery Plots (Charles Finch, Vulture) Finch is the author of one of my favorite historical mystery series; he’s also a perceptive professional reviewer. This article isn’t just about a “neat trick” for writing plots. More broadly, it’s about literary writers, mystery authors, and the mystery genre.
- Dear Europe: letters from JK Rowling, Neil Gaiman, Mary Beard and more (The Guardian)
- How the internet is changing language as we know it (ikr lol) (Richard Godwin, The Guardian)
- The Evolution of Dragons in Western Literature: A History (Yvonne Shiau, Tor.com) This is an essay, but also a list of recommended dragon books. Don’t skip the comments, as there are a lot of good additions/recommendations there. And if you need more recs, check out my Dragon Books Masterlist.)
- Will Robots Make The Next Big Bestsellers? (Jason Boog, Publishers Weekly)
Fabulous article, Lark! Thank you so much… I LOVED the articles on dragons:))
Nicole @ BookWyrmKnits
Ugh, I hate when non-readers suggest stopping the book and going to bed.
LOVE the article about dragons! I enjoyed some of the comments on how the internet is changing language also, but it also seemed like its writer was trying too hard. I don’t think I’m really the target audience, since I don’t need convincing. 😉
Nicole @ BookWyrmKnits recently posted…November 2019 Read-A-Thin