News & Notes is a weekly Saturday post featuring book- and publishing-related news, links to interesting articles and opinion pieces, and other cool stuff
- The 2015 Man Booker Prize goes to Marlon James for A Brief History of Seven Killings. (Man Booker Prize website) You can read an interview with James at The Guardian.
- The National Book Awards shortlists are out. (NPR)
- Appeals Court Affirms Google Book Search is Fair Use (Publishers Weekly)
- Inside the Spaceflight of ‘The Martian’ (TXCHNOLOGIST) Warning – book/movie spoilers, but also a cool discussion of the fiction vs. real science and technology involved.
For Writers & Bloggers
- Balancing Writing and Parenting (Jim C. Hines)
- Authors can now copyright a book on Bowker’s MyIdentifiers.com (GalleyCat)
Book & Movie Announcements
- Scholastic is publishing a gorgeous Harry Potter coloring book, due out in November. (Mugglenet; also Amazon)
Really Cool / Just for Fun
That’s it for this week!
That video is really cool, I must show it to my daughters 🙂 That coloring book makes my fingers itch… and thanks for sharing that great quote, enjoy your week-end !
Red Iza recently posted…Review / Karina Bliss : Woo me
Bea @Bea's Book Nook
That coloring book makes my fingers itch too.
That meme at the end is so true and so relevant. 🙁
Bea @Bea’s Book Nook recently posted…Soapy Saturday October 17th, 2015: Colors!
I know, isn’t it gorgeous? The coloring book, I mean. I’m sorely tempted, but I just bought myself the Secret Garden coloring book and unless I find myself doing a lot of coloring, I can’t justify it yet.
Glad you enjoyed the video, the coloring book, and the quote! I hope you’re having a lovely weekend. 🙂