News & Notes is a weekly Saturday post featuring book- and publishing-related news, links to interesting articles and opinion pieces, and other cool stuff
- Missing Hong Kong book editor Lee Bo returns home from the Chinese mainland. (The Guardian)
- Novel “co-written” by robot makes it past first stage of Japanese literary competition (Los Angeles Times)
- Self-published titles ‘22% of UK e-book market’ in 2015. (The Bookseller)
- Mandatory Kindle update for models from 2012 & earlier (Amazon, via The Bookwyrm’s Hoard)
- PLA 2016: How We Need Diverse Books Is Working with Libraries (Diane Patrick for Publishers Weekly)
- What I Miss About Being a Bookseller (Jaime Herndon, for BookRiot) As a former bookseller myself, I really related to this one.
For Writers & Bloggers
- Want to Write for BookRiot? (BookRiot)
- How to Bookstagram Like a Pro (BookRiot)
Book & Movie Announcements
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory musical headed to Broadway. It has been playing in London’s West End. (Variety)
- Dirk Gently adaption will feature Elijah Wood as Gently’s assistant, Todd. The series is based on the Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency books by Douglas Adams. (Variety)
- 75th-anniversary Make Way for Ducklings will feature a poster map and an audio recording on CD. (GalleyCat)
- Free Coloring Books from World-Class Libraries & Museums: The NYPL, Bodleian, Smithsonian, & More (Open Culture)
- 47+ Of Your Favorite Books About Libraries (or at least with libraries in them) (BookRiot)
- 20 Books That Will Hook You From the Very First Page (Goodreads blog) And because it’s on Goodreads, you can instantly add them to your to-read list.
- Fictional Islands That Are Too Good To Be True. (BookRiot) This gave me a giggle because… well, you’ll see.
- 6 Prologues I’m Tired of Reading (Jackal Editing and Proofreading blog)
That’s it for this week!
Bea @Bea's Book Nook
I actually read a lot of these already. 😀 But I’m going to check out the coloring book and prologue links.
Bea @Bea’s Book Nook recently posted…Happy Easter!
The coloring books look really cool. I’m looking forward to checking them out individually. 🙂
I love that Etsy print! And I had go back and check the BookRiot post about books that have libraries in them to see if my suggestion (the All Souls trilogy) made the list. I’m sure when I look more closely I’ll be adding a thing or two to my TBR. I have a hard time resisting books that involve books, libraries or letter-writing!
Lindsay recently posted…10 Great Books I Should Mention More Often
I know, so tempting! I copied out the whole list, so I can refer to it as I have time (like that’s going to happen anytime soon! 😉 )