- “What If the Google Reader Readers Just Don’t Come Back?” (MC Siegler, TechCrunch)
“A new candidate for “World’s Worst Index” — and some indexing advice” for self-publishers, from Michael N. Marcus. As an indexer, the indexes shown here make me both cringe and laugh hysterically. This is why authors should hire a professional indexer. (Hint — no computer software can do it for you. Not effectively, anyway.)
More Books & Ebooks in the News:
- “Amazon Acquires Goodreads” (this blog, with links to the Amazon press release and Goodreads announcement as well as NPR, NYT, LATimes, and other articles)
- Barnes & Noble cuts orders in dispute with Simon & Schuster (Leslie Kaufman, New York Times)
- “Caught in the Middle — Hard Publishing News”, a blog post from Stephanie Burgis, an affected author
- “Nation’s first bookless library on university campus is thriving at UTSA” (UTSA Today).
- “New York Times closes another loophole in its digital paywall” (Jeff John Roberts, paidContent)
- Signed copy of Robin Lafever’s Grave Mercy or Dark Triumph on Tea for Three Book Review
- “Otherworldly Books” (AbeBooks.com) — an article and list of books with really interesting worlds.
I’m always on the lookout for interesting articles, lists, and links for News & Notes, so please let me know if you see (or write!) anything that might be good for this feature. You can leave me a comment or send me an email — my address is on the About/Review Policy/Contact page.
I love this feature!
Lark @ The Bookwyrm's Hoard
Thank you so much! It’s been fun, though I only turned it into a weekly feature recently.